Global Operations Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s is built on the foundation of Running Great Restaurants. Join the high-performing team responsible for enabling our restaurants to operate at their best and deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. MCX (McDonald’s customer experience) Global Operations supports markets to ensure they have operational solutions that solve the needs of today, while looking ahead at our future.
In this role, you’ll help our system Run Great Restaurants with best-in-class testing and insights, operational standards, restaurant technology and global deployment. You will be the voice of the restaurant in development efforts to ensure new products, processes, and equipment work for crew/managers, will deliver against business case goals and minimize complexity and operational impact to accuracy, speed, and complexity.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, MCX Global Operations and is based in Chicago, IL at the McDonald’s Headquarters (MHQ).
This role drives improvement in Restaurant Operations through the following accountabilities:
Lead or support Global programs that impact and improve restaurant operations:
- Lead/consult on various global programs to modernize, simplify, and improve Restaurant Operations and Technology
- Serve on cross functional teams to assertively represent restaurant operations impact
- Coordinate project timelines, including proactive monthly updates on goals progression (including budget if applicable)
- Prepare and/or deliver training & knowledge transfer materials on key topics and solutions
- Actively "connect the dots" and identify synergies, dependencies, and barriers among initiatives
- Manage/support innovation center and in-restaurant testing, ensuring tests are designed for insights and ability to inform strategic decisions (menu, operational, and/or equipment solutions)
Engage as a strategic partner to markets, cross-functional departments, and within Global Operations:
- Support collaboration and change management within Global Operations as well as with cross-functional teams and Segment/Markets to ensure we are all going after shared objectives
- Connect corporate goals & strategy to market & segment plans
- Anticipate or respond to market inquiries and opportunities
- Build/support broad Operations network to understand market opportunities and needs
Leverage active data-driven operations analytics
- Leverage business and operations data, with market learnings to proactively identify trends to inform and advise programs as needed
Skills & Competencies:
Seek to learn and lead:
- Keen ability and willingness to learn and lead by influence, with peers and leadership
- Proactive self-starter, committed to team growth through shared learning and communication
- Drives increasingly higher service levels through continuous improvement initiatives
- Affinity for problem solving, challenging the status quo and never settling for how something ‘has always been done’
Drive the business through strategic approach to operations:
- Understand impact of operations on business results and decisions; ability to synthesize data into actionable insights
- Strategic planning - big picture thinking and ability to look ahead.
- Create and understand KPIs to manage and drive operational and process improvements
- Active stakeholder engagement - ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong collaboration, relationship building, and team building skills
Be creative and innovative:
- Solutions-oriented approach that challenges status quo.
- Customer-led design thinking
- Innovative and continuous improvement mind-set
- Adapts to constant changes in the work environment and can manage competing demands
- Ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment
- 5+ years of experience working within a large corporate environment or consulting firm, preferably global
- Minimum 3-5 years of operations experience
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Experience with connecting the dots and thinking strategically
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and speech writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a strong track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally 20-25% of time
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4848Z_743999909029518