Global Internal Audit Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description:
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity to join McDonald’s dynamic Global Internal Audit (GIA) team as a Global Internal Audit Supervisor.
This role supports the International GIA team to deliver risk-based assurance and advisory services across both International Operated Markets and International Developmental Licensed Markets. McDonald’s Global Internal Audit (GIA) provides an essential service to both Senior Management and the Global Audit Committee to support and help the Company succeed in accomplishing its strategic and operational objectives.
You will provide independent and objective assurance and advice over the effectiveness of McDonald’s governance, risk management and internal control processes through conducting operational, compliance, financial and financial reporting (SOX) audit engagements.
Your primary responsibility is for the delivery and execution of the department's annual internal audit plan for the international team, including:
- Participating in assurance and advisory audit engagements as part of a team and/or individually when necessary, covering all stages of the audit engagement process (planning, fieldwork & testing, reporting and follow-up activities).
- Planning: Develop and document an audit work program for the engagement, including the engagement’s objective, scope, timing, budget, and resource allocations relevant to the strategic and operational objectives, risks and controls of the entity/activity/process being audited.
- Fieldwork & testing: Identify, analyse, evaluate, and test internal controls. Record, document and maintain sufficient evidence and information to support audit findings and conclusions relevant to the objective and scope of the audit engagement.
- Reporting: Formally communicate and present the results of audit findings, conclusions and recommendations to Management, both verbally and written in the form of an audit report.
- Follow-up: Conduct re-testing as appropriate to ensure risk and/or control weaknesses have been timely and fully remediated through the implementation of management action plans.
- Providing timely and accurate communication and reporting of internal audit engagements.
- Participating in continuous improvement activities to help improve GIA’s audit methodologies and processes, including the development and integration of data analytics into audit processes.
- Working collaboratively with Management and auditees in the development of value-add, practical, and cost-effective recommendations.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge about general business developments and new accounting/auditing standards to gain an understanding of their links and impact to the Company and its operations
What Team will I be a part of?
You will be part of the Global Internal Audit team, internationally based, which forms part of the Global Finance Team. The Global Internal Audit team are forward-thinking, agile, and supportive and are highly regarded amongst partners across the business. Our team’s priorities are to: be a strategic business partner, provide innovative and efficient internal audit services, and drive results through people.
Who are my customers?
You will collaborate and partner with:
- McDonald’s Corporate Functions: Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, Franchising, Operations/RSG etc.
- Senior Management and Functional Leads in McDonald’s International Operated Markets and International Developmental Licensed Markets.
- International Business Unit teams who oversee and support the International Developmental Licensed Markets.
- McDonald’s External Audit.
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Finance or Management discipline.
- Professionally qualified or (CIA / CMIIA), Certified Chartered Accountant (ACA / ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification is strongly preferred; others are a plus (such as CISA, CMA).
- If not professionally qualified, applicants should have demonstrable audit experience within a public accounting firm / ‘Big Four’ environment.
- Solid understanding of both internal control and risk management frameworks and keen eye for identifying risk.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder relationship building skills at all levels.
- Good numeracy skills and ability to analyze and review financial information.
- Ability to work flexibly and travel internationally.
- Experience of or passion to learn data analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience of financial audits and SOX testing.
- Fluency in French language - written and verbal.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF3870J_743999858712002