Global Identity & Access Engineering Manager - User Experience
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This role will collaborate closely with cybersecurity experts, market leads, project managers, and Global Technology Solutions teams to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of McDonald’s security services. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and collaborating with the support teams that handle tickets and other operational tasks for McDonald’s security services. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, and other stakeholders.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of ground breaking opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level.
As the Global Identity & Access Engineering Manager - User Experience, you will collaborate with the Director of Identity and Access Engineering. You will collaborate with our identity and access product and engineering teams to build user-centric identity and access experiences that delight our employees, franchisees, partners, and restaurant staff. Using good communication and collaboration skills, you will work closely with partners to develop an exchanged views of user experience challenges and their solutions.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with leadership to develop the strategic plans for the experience design capability of the Global Identity & Access Engineering team. This could entail building strategic artifacts like user journeys and personas.
- Lead by example to collaborate with other managers to translate briefs into creative direction that will lead to impactful user-centric design solutions.
- Actively contribute to problem-solving efforts through research, wireframing, prototyping and usability testing projects.
- Establish design frameworks and paradigms which move us forward, fostering an environment of innovation and inclusion, enabling efficient product development processes.
- Design, lead, and collaborate on user research and testing programs including usability testing, A/B testing, and site surveys.
- Lead a team through mentoring and coaching on all aspects of personnel development.
- Identify budget needs: Work with multi-functional leaders to settle resources necessary for identity and access experience design.
- Lead identity and access product design reviews and testing.
- 5+ years professional experience creating user-centric, research-driven User Experiences.
- Experience and desire to lead and mentor others.
- Superb visual and verbal communication ability.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Adept at core UI/UX systems and tools (e.g., Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, etc.).
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; capable of solving high-reaching goals and delivering against them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing identity and access and/or enterprise-focused UX/UI
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.