McD Tech Labs is the recently established Silicon Valley based technology development group within McDonald’s Corporation. Our mission is to deliver advanced technology solutions that address real-world, data driven needs in the McDonald’s Restaurant environment. We are focused on using state-of-the-art Machine Learning, AI, and related technologies along with McDonald’s unparalleled scale to completely transform the customer experience!
We are currently looking for a skilled engineer to perform User Acceptance Testing of our AI Drive Through product, prioritizing issues and their business impact, etc. This role incorporates a significant responsibility for the product’s success in stores, while requiring the combination of both business and technical aspects.
- The engineer would be part of a UAT team, which is the last testing gatekeeper prior to deployment of high-visibility products into production locations.
- Responsible for performing hands-on end-to-end User Acceptance Testing for the product, including design of test criteria, performing tests and prioritizing & reporting defects.
- Responsible for supporting production deployment (investigating, resolving, and working around issues) to various locations.
- Represent the business needs of the end users (McDonald's corporate, stores & customers) and business impact of various product behavior.
- Recommend testing, deployment or other process improvements, ensure the testing strategy and process aligns with industry best practices, stay abreast of all pertinent testing standards and articulate this direction to senior business and technical leadership across the organization to drive and support the efforts.
- The UAT Engineer will collaborate with counterparts in other business units and technical areas to ensure effective end-to-end testing is performed.
- A BA or BS Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience designing, performing all aspects (design, tests, reports, etc.) and reporting results of testing of distributed software in agile projects (as part of UAT or QA).
- At least 2 years of experience working with Windows and Linux, including Bash shell.
- At least 1 year of experience deploying or supporting product deployment at customer production locations.
- Experience interacting with customers.
- Familiarity with all stages of software life cycle and fluency with software quality assurance methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills; passionate about the customer experience and comfortable in a customer-facing environment.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills; willingness to delve into details and collaborate with others.
- Ability to self-manage, handle conflicts, represent your realm clearly and, when needed, defend your decisions, focusing on business needs and prioritizing issues based on business impact, while being a part of the technical organization.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.