McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s seeks a Supervisor, Executive Communications for its Global Communications team who will support the effort to mobilize the voices of our most senior global leaders. Reporting to the Director of Executive Communications, the new hire in this role will be responsible for supporting the execution of CEO and other select executive team leadership platforms by leading all facets of planning and organization across engagements and communications.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL. You will be a member of the broader Global Communications team, led by Vice President, Global Communications, Michael Gonda.
In this role, you will:
- Support Executive Communications team by drafting, editing and proofreading executive communications materials (e.g. System emails) and talking points for speaking engagements
- Provide research and analysis on external events and opportunities for consideration in executive communications engagement strategy; support function communications leads in development of speaking/engagement strategy and provide recommendations to executive communications director
- Support CEO office correspondence (i.e. draft, review and approve certain email replies); coordinate requests for CEO voice from across the organization and make recommendations to executive communications director on whether opportunities fit within broader CEO positioning
- Collaborate across communications function to support development of messaging, planning and logistics around executive communication activities, including media meetings, speaking engagements and other events; coordinate with function communications leads to manage master communications plans for each executive within executive communications remit; keep executive communications manager and director updated on impending achievements
- Support creation of social strategies where required for select executives and manage ongoing execution in coordination with Executive Communications Director
- Coordinate input of executive voices into strategic communications milestones / initiatives (e.g. internal/external materials: scripts, employee memos, newsroom posts)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, business or related field.
- The ideal candidate is a proactive, strategic, solutions-focused team player with the following attributes:
- Communications expertise that spans both external (partners such as consumers and influencers) and internal disciplines, either in-house or at an agency.
- Strong executive presence and experience managing high-exposure assignments.
- Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills; can easily simplify messages.
- Comfortable researching and developing executive communications strategies and rolling up sleeves to execute.
- A critical problem solver with a bias for action; understands how to drive to clarity amidst ambiguity.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments. Is flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Is open, honest and direct but tactful and respectful in communications style and approach.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.