FP&A Manager - Global Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The FP&A Manager - Global Technology will be part of the Business Advisory Services team within the Corporate Controller Group. As a part of the Global Finance team, this role provides financial expertise, direction, and strategic thought partnership to another Global department - McDonald’s Technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as one of the Finance Business partners to the Global McDonald’s Technology- which includes Customer Technology, Restaurant Technology, Data Architecture, Cyber Security, Employee Products and Platforms, Infrastructure and Operations teams.
- Understand, report on, and explain spend drivers within Technology departments for Technology leadership and Global Finance leadership; this work will require an individual to operate at the executive-level and the lowest level of detail
- Build relationships with both VPs and their teams to create clarity and enable decision-making related to budget, i.e., correlate large amounts of financial data into simple, meaningful cross-functional business discussions
- Act as a key contributor/creator of the McDonald’s Corporate annual budget (once per year, before the year begins) and McDonald’s Corporate forecast (multiple times during the year) - the two processes work together to plan for and manage spend
- Oversee the month-end close process, including issue resolution, budget owner management, variance analysis, and monthly reporting
- Manage all components of Technology spend - including Operating Expenses Capital Expenditures - and ensure appropriate representation on the Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Interact, influence, and build strong relationships with all areas of the Corporate Controller Group, Technology, and other McDonald’s departments, building open lines of communication and trust
- Assist with special projects (e.g., act as ongoing Finance SME on large workstreams, build cost-benefits analyses, advise on cost savings, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience; previous FP&A, Big 4, or similar experience preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Executive-level communication skills and presence - ability to level-up the details, identify what’s important, and advise our leadership
- Proven track record of managing competing priorities and addressing roadblocks -desire to work independently amid ambiguity in a fast-moving environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to interact with all disciplines, levels, and cultures and build relationships
- A strategic mindset, bias towards action, skepticism of the status quo, and can-do attitude - someone who is not afraid to dig in, uncover problems, and find solutions as a collective team
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.