Financial Planning and Analysis Business Partner
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s. The UK & Ireland market has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,450 restaurants and over 170,000 employees. We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come. We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and in the UK and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Ireland’s best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbors
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
We are looking to add to our dynamic team and this is a great opportunity to work at one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world.
The key role of the FP&A Business Partner is to own part of our Financial Projection and Planning processes. Our FP&A team does more than just run the numbers, and are responsible for ensuring that we’re appropriately challenging our business decisions, modelling the impact of these quickly and accurately and then telling the story behind the numbers to the appropriate partners. This drives our long and short term financial performance.
The remit is broad, touching on many different aspects of the business. This involves working closely with both Finance and non-Finance senior management to drive performance of the business as well as conducting detailed analysis to understand and project business performance.
We’re looking for someone who wants to develop and accelerate their career at McDonald’s and has the ambition and ability to move into leadership roles both within our Finance team as well as the wider UK & Ireland and Global businesses.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Build internal and external partnerships to ensure we’re gathering all of the factors which will influence our income projections and financial plan for the areas in which you are responsible
- Bringing together these inputs, and leading the projection and analysis for your areas of our income statement - producing monthly, quarterly, annual and longer-term projections and insights in to these areas
- Analyse the drivers of success and highlight areas of risk within our income projection and financial plan - bringing the story of the numbers to life with concise and clear messages which can be delivered to senior management
- Work with the rest of our Finance team and senior external partners to drive commercial decision making - either further driving growth, or mitigate any risks to our income projections and our annual financial plan
- Drive the performance of the FP&A team and lead a culture of continuous improvement in all processes, ensuring our processes are fit for purpose in an ever changing environment
Which team will I be a part of?
We have a very broad remit in Finance and are highly regarded, with the result that we have oversight of everything that happens across the business - and FP&A is at the heart of this. Specifically, the FP&A Team leads of the following focus areas for the business:
- Responsible for monthly projections and submission to US Corporate
- Forecasting and reporting monthly franchisee cash flow
- Leading the annual Plan submissions to the US
- Linking knowledge from across the Finance team to drive accurate and consistent projections
- Leading messaging of income and cash flow performance to relevant partners
- Resolving impact of business decisions to both McDonalds income as well as franchisee cash flow
- Challenging business decisions to ensure affordability for all partners
- Developing and rolling out updates to our Hyperion financial projection tool
Who will my customers be?
- CFO, Finance Director, Strategic Finance Manager, Operations Finance Manager, Finance Manager - Financial Reporting and Control.
- Internal department Heads & Directors (Business Strategy and Insights, Estates Management, Directors of Operations, Shared Services)
- Key external partners, consultants and subject matter authorities (US Corporate Projection team, Corporate Finance Transformation team)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail - ability to breakdown problems before identifying trends and drawing conclusions
- Strategic thinking - creative thinking in "connecting the dots" and steering the direction of the business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to communicate sophisticated issues, adapting style for different audiences
- Building relationships - ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships while challenging the status quo
- Self-motivated, able to drive projects forward and improve processes
- Able to work in a lively environment, with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent presentation skills - able to influence through your presentations
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Ambitious and looking for progression within the business
- Previous management experience
At McDonald’s, we are people from all walks of life
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers give us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4006Z_743999866297352