At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Finance Manager
Department: Marketing Finance
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant - Global Grade 3
Reports to: Controller, Marketing and Digital Type of
Position: Full-Time 1 year Contract
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world?! We currently have a Finance
Manager position available in the Marketing Finance Department in the Toronto head office. This position will report to the Controller of Marketing and partner closely with our National and Regional Marketing Teams to manage the Marketing forums.
Who You Are
You are a Finance Manager or Senior Financial Analyst with 4 or more years of experience, hold a Bachelor Degree in a related discipline along with a CPA (CA/CMA/CGA) designation. Your outstanding analytical skills, are complimented by strong written, verbal and presentation skills. As a catalyst, you look to initiate improvements across all levels of the organization, and drive the right behaviors towards meeting our strategic objectives.
As a member of the Marketing Finance team, you are empowered to lead financial and risk management processes with the marketing teams, and ensure appropriate governance and financial practices are safeguarding the assets of the marketing forums.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly re-forecasts for the Marketing Leadership Team.
- Influence and partner with Marketing leads to optimize costs and evaluate feasibility and return on potential marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Delivers financial modeling for special projects relating to Marketing and Digital.
- Lead annual budget and monthly forecast meetings with the Marketing team & key external contacts, and hold stakeholders accountable to budget.
- Safeguard the financial health of the Marketing Forums by monitoring expenditures, managing cash flows, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards, financial controls, and funding principles.
- Prepares quarterly financial statements for the Marketing Forums with supporting schedules and variance analysis, and presents annual financial results to Regional Board members.
- Facilitate the preparation of schedules and information required by external auditors for the National and Regional Marketing Forum of Ontario audits.
- Educate Marketing stakeholders on key financial information, policies, procedures and governance.
- Provide value-added feedback and identify improvements that further develop and enhance our Marketing and accounting teams.
- Collaborate with Marketing Program Leads to develop effective reporting formats that improve clarity, ownership & accountability of spend.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline with a CPA (CA/CMA/CGA) designation required.
- 4 - 6 years’ work experience in Accounting and Finance.
- Focused skills in data analysis, core accounting, financial reporting and budgeting / forecasting
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to engage and influence an audience
- Thrives in a dynamic and ever-changing environment, with the agility to adapt and shift priorities as required
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with stakeholders and be an effective and strategic business partner
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.