Finance Lease Accountant
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us. From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
The McDonald’s Corporate Controller Group’s (CCG) Financial Accounting and Reporting team is currently looking for a Finance Lease Accountant! This position offers a tremendous opportunity for an individual to gain a detailed perspective on McDonald’s real estate & franchisee accounting processes, as well as a broad perspective on McDonald’s global business by providing exposure to the consolidated internal and external financial accounting and reporting processes. It will provide the candidate the ability to further enhance their analytical, communication, people and project management skills.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review and analysis of the impact of the lease accounting standard on McDonald’s consolidated internal and external financial statements.
- Provide consultancy and act as a business SME on the leasing system, TRIRIGA, including identifying enhancements and answering questions on the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Accountability for McDonald’s policies regarding the technical accounting behind the leasing standard.
- Provide technical accounting training and guidance on the lease standard to market finance teams and Global Business Services, including accounting interpretation, application of the standard and execution in TRIRIGA.
- Participation in special projects with the Financial Accounting and Reporting team of CCG.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance is required; CPA preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in the accounting industry and/or in financial services; Big 4 public experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Lease Accounting is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Knowledge of TRIRIGA Lease Accounting System is preferred.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.