Finance Director, Technology FP&A
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
McDonald’s is looking for a strong Director of Technology Finance to join our team in support of the Company’s strategic vision to provide best in class technology solutions and support to our global business and franchisee partners.
Leading a team of 5-6 individuals, the ideal candidate will provide strong financial leadership across both our Finance and global Technology teams. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work within teams and across strategic technology project pipelines to ensure key financial considerations are well understood, clearly communicated, and closely monitored.
Partnering with key Technology officers, the candidate will bridge the gap from strategic intent to financial viability in a dynamic and growing area of the Company. To ensure this is effectively managed the Director will ensure: strategic priorities and financial resources are aligned; financial implications of proposed projects are understood up-front and as projects evolve; project costs are appropriately tracked and communicated; leadership has recommendations on ways to stay on budget while still achieving key objectives; product costs charged to McDonald’s franchisees are well tracked and understood, and more as outlined below.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a team of approximately 5-6 professionals
- Build positive relationships across the technology and finance teams which enable open conversations and effective action plans
- Engage with many individual initiative owners to understand current and potential projects; help shape project progression while ensuring financial implications are understood and communicated
- Build and articulate financial models founded in operational realities
- Lead presentations to and discussions with management as necessary
- Build strong processes for budget monitoring, recording and tracking
- Partner with global subsidiaries to evaluate and communicate impact to their businesses, including franchisee impact
- Engage with Senior Leadership to build long-term plans for the growth of our technology footprint and related financial implications to both McDonald’s and our franchisees.
- 10+ years of dynamic experience in fields related to finance & accounting
- Ability to network within a large organization and build trusted partnerships; influence through insight and collaboration
- Strong ability to build insightful financial models in Excel coupled with the ability to guide others how to interpret the results
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluctuating deadlines at times (depending on the project and its status)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, desire to deliver results
- Strong business & financial acumen including, tactical and critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate immediate and long-term implications of potential decisions; Ability to identify dependencies across multiple initiatives
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.