Field Learning Consultant (Western WA)
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Our Corporate Home Office has an exciting opportunity for a Field Learning Consultant reporting into Walnut Creek, CA. This position acts as a strategic partner and advisor to leadership, business partners, Owner/Operators and key partners. While you will facilitate best in class learning and development programs for learners in a variety of roles, you will also act as the SME for all things training, learning and development.
Key customers include Staff, Owner/Operators, Restaurant Management, and other various learners.
- Change individuals' behavior that improves business results by consulting in training, operational standards and facilitating field training classes.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts training that motivates, builds proficiencies, and improves individual's performance and contribution to restaurant results.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the leadership behaviors that support the McDonald’s vision.
- Serves each customer's requests by helping identify the appropriate resources and interventions to most effectively accomplish their objectives.
- Provides strategic interventions that helps their market accomplish its objectives.
- Coaches people on how to measure and improve training results, and how to appropriately diagnose problems and create actions that solve them.
- Frequently communicates and provides feedback to Field Staff and Owner/Operators regarding the success and opportunities for people development within an organization.
- Creates a partnership between Owner/Operators, Operations Manager, Consultants, Restaurant Managers, and learners that stimulates transfer of training, return on training investment (ROI), and improves restaurant results.
- Serves as an operations specialist and consultant on McDonald’s operating standards, management tools, and training systems to maximize restaurant QSC&V.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- The ideal candidate should live in the South Seattle/Tacoma, WA area
- Travel about 25% of the time
- Operational expertise in QSR, restaurant industry and/or hospitality preferred
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic, business sense, and a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Bilingual in Spanish & English a BIG plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4+ years of adult education/facilitation experience
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.