Field Administrative Coordinator
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s USA is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to support our Long Beach Field Office. This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your professional experience in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. You will be a critical team member and perform various specialized and administrative functions to support our field office. The candidate must possess strong organizational, multitasking, and communication skills and a proven track record of delivering results both within a team and independently.
This position provides advanced, dedicated administrative support of a confidential and complex nature to one or more departments. This person must exercise independent judgment and discretion in making decisions with limited direction.
This role is based in Irvine, California.
What you’ll be expected to do:
- Work closely with the administrative team and also serve as a peer leader to the administrative team
- Takes initiative to provide training and coaching when appropriate
- Directs and executes complex administrative projects including researching information to respond to questions
- Perform other shared administrative duties such as facilities management, ordering office and kitchen supplies
- Creating monthly expense reports
- Processes month-end sales data for reporting purposes
- May book travel for officers using necessary travel tools
- Organizes and maintain digital filing (SharePoint and Microsoft Teams)
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate creation and update of regional intranet content, working with internal content providers to ensure content is up to date, accurate, and meets company standards
- Design, write, and edit PowerPoints, emails, and letters
- Assist with the logistical and creative planning of small and large-scale meetings such as department/cross-functional team meetings, franchisee conferences, training seminars, webcasts, and company celebrations/team-building events
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree (equivalent experience) preferred
- 1 or more years of experience in a role providing general administrative support for 1 or more senior-level managers and performing administrative assistant or coordinator job
- Demonstrates ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Quick learner and ability to understand complex business issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Quick/eager learner with the ability to understand complex business issues.
- Proficient at working autonomously to meet project goals and deadlines while also being proactive and forward-thinking
- Database management skills desired
- Knowledgeable about current and emerging trends in technology and proficient in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint). Web design, graphic design, and/or Adobe experience are a plus.
- Experience with social collaboration (i.e. SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Yammer)
- Capable of using and managing web-based business platforms (ex. Oracle) and managing web-based meetings for the field office as necessary using Cisco WebEx
- Interest and availability to work in a hybrid schedule (3 days in an office environment and 2 days working from home)
- Experienced meeting/events planner (including venue procurement, catering, etc.) highly desirable. May need to work events, during and outside business hours
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.