McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The CRE team for McDonalds headquarters is looking for a technology minded facilities expert to join our team. The Facilities Supervisor executes the maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment. Performs the maintenance and operations of one or more facilities/properties in the corporate portfolio. As the Facilities Supervisor, you will work with the landlord, building engineers and other operations staff in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performance maintenance for all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, general carpentry, and sustainability. In addition, ensures facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
- This role will have emphasis on managing building management systems and dashboards for smart building analytics.
- Perform minor mechanical repairs (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical) and preventive maintenance work.
- Identify predictive maintenance trends and recommend solutions.
- Communicates to stakeholders regarding property profiles, emergency preparedness plans, site inspections, work order progress reports, and other related reports.
- Works with Third Party Service Providers to develop and recommend strategic facility management objectives.
- Ability to work and complete assignments within time constraints and budgetary guidelines.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to make independent decisions while working well in a team. Environment.
- Will oversee contractors engaged for facility renovation projects.
- Must be able to solve advanced problems and effectively deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
***The role does require availability to work 9am - 6pm Monday - Friday with on-call duties after hours and over weekends***Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience with extensive knowledge of the mechanical systems and department processes
- Advanced degree in a field related to architecture, engineering, facilities, or commercial real estate preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Completion of a training program, and apprenticeship and city/state licensure. EPA Section 608 Certification Exam preferred
- Experience with technology programs and applications (Tridium Niagara Framework, Corrigo, Cisco Spaces) preferred
- Proficient with MS Office and MS SharePoint
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.