At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Facilities Manager
Department: Facilities & Systems
Position band: Management/Advisory band (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Senior Director of Change & Strategic Alignment
Type of Position: Full Time
We currently have an opening in the Facilities Department for a Facilities Manager, based in the Toronto office. Reporting to the Senior Director, Change & Strategic Alignment, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality and effective management of the Toronto office’s building and facilities, ensuring legal compliance and best practice, and to develop and maintain the systems and facilities to ensure that the organization can operate more effectively.
- Proven ability to create, track, and report on annual G&A expenses of $4M and project capital budgets of up to $.5M while staying within budget
- Provide advice, information, and support to the senior management with regard to facilities-related issues
- Management of Evacuation Teams, ensuring enough members per floor, advisement of responsibilities, and updating on procedures when necessary
- Act as Employer Representative and Co-chair of the Joint Health and Safety Team
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences
- Available, on call, 24/7 in case of emergency
- Develop, implement, and maintain all aspects of office space planning, ergonomics, construction, relocations, electrical changes, corporate art collection.
- Project manage, supervise, and coordinate work of all contractors while ensuring no to minimal disruption to core activities
- Manage all office building and grounds infrastructure: maintenance of all safety systems, heating and air conditioning, lighting, Building Automated System
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all essential central services such as switchboard, security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, waste disposal (including hazardous waste), and recycling
- Manage to ensure that the building meets health and safety requirements and that the facilities comply with legislation
- Manage building security through the use of security systems: security access card system, security cameras/DVRs, and security guards
- Liaise with Security Manager to develop security procedures; manage to ensure compliance by security guards and organization
- Procurement and contract management with suppliers for all head office furnishings, maintenance, equipment, and services (20+ contracts), including national contract for courier services and office supplies.
- Manage corporate art collection, which includes purchases, restoration, and maintenance
- Ensure timely and effective communication to organization with regard to building events, weather issues, office closures, etc.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams (10 people of which are a combination of employee, contract employees, and third-party staff).
- Build strong relationships within all levels of the organization and manages effective cross-functional relationships
- Focused on building high-performing teams
- Ensure that successes of the teams are celebrated when appropriate
- Liaise with other McDonald’s Facilities Managers to share best practices.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote**Qualifications:
Who you are
You are a strong communicator who can effectively support our facilities in a fast-paced environment with several branches all with different needs and requirement. You can adapt to any situations and can build strong relationships with our staff and any third parties you connect with. You are a strong leader with the ability to cater to the strengths of your team and needs of the company.
What you bring
- A minimum of 8-10 years of facilities experience for a corporately-owned office building or large residential property.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical building systems, capacities and performance criteria
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, respond effectively, and exercise discretion in dealing with confidential information and highly sensitive issues
- Proven record of providing excellent internal/external customer service.
- Good planning, time management, communications, decision-making, human relations, and organization skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with vendors, key employees, top management, and other customers
- Strong financial acumen
- Self-starter who requires minimal local supervision and coaching
- Possess a strong work ethic and desire for helping others
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of the McDonald’s business environment an asset
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.