ESG Controls Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.Job Description:
As the ESG Controls Manager you will focus on establishing and overseeing standardized processes and controls over the data needed for quality ESG (environmental, social, and governance) regulatory reporting both within the U.S. (SEC) and Europe (CSRD) and will partner cross-functionally with other teams to enhance and modernize processes, documentation, and technology solutions for ESG disclosures used in external reporting.
- Partner closely with Sustainability / Global Impact team, Corporate Secretary Office, Legal, and Communications on ESG regulatory reporting requirements, trends, and frameworks.
- Assess needs and ensure ESG regulatory compliance, data and disclosure integrity and readiness for assurance of reporting
- Develop and implement necessary processes, controls, and systems (e.g., technology), to improve the effectiveness of the ESG reporting processes for goals, commitments, KPIs, and other ESG disclosures
- Support disclosure owners and providers of ESG information in documenting and enhancing internal controls over both financial and nonfinancial information.
- Support disclosure owners in establishing policies and procedures to collect, consolidate and validate both financial and nonfinancial disclosed information.
- Drive end-to-end controls, consistency, and accountability for ESG data and disclosure processes across McDonald’s
- Educate market teams on process and control improvements needed to elevate the quality of ESG data.
- Liaise with external vendors that manage ESG data for McDonald’s regarding data quality and controls.
- Support the Company’s disclosure framework by helping interpret and define ESG reporting requirements & desired disclosure at both a market and consolidated level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA / ACA and/or MBA a plus
- Previous accounting or finance work experience required (previous ESG experience preferred).
- Experience with Company financial reporting and involvement in the close and consolidation process.
- Experience working cross functionally across a large multinational Company, with demonstrated results.
- Project management experience, including managing stakeholders and timeline dependencies to results.
- Demonstrated ability working through complex matters, proposing solutions, and driving execution within an agreed upon timeline.
- Experience leading meetings and presenting material to adapt & simplify messaging for various audiences & levels in the organization
- Public Accounting experience or experience managing complex processes and controls
- Self-starter that can manage the process of idea to execution
- Capable of building rapport and solid business relationships
Good to know; We have flexibility for the successful applicant to be located at one of our regional offices within Europe - not just the UK. Relocation support will not be provided.
At McDonalds we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonalds experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonalds or elsewhere.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4841E_743999909312483