Engineering Manager, Identity and Access Engineering
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This role will collaborate closely with cybersecurity experts, market leads, project managers, and Global Technology Solutions teams to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of McDonald’s security services. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing and collaborating with the support teams that handle tickets and other operational tasks for McDonald’s security services. This person will work closely with others in Global Technology Risk Management and other areas of Global Technology to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, and other stakeholders.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level.
As a Manager for our Identity and Access Engineering team, you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of Identity and Access Engineering. In this role you will lead a technical engineering team, partnering with our product and experience design teams to build user-centric identity and access experiences that delight our employees, franchisees, partners, and restaurant staff. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help continue to evolve and enhance our identity and access management platform.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Product Manage with defining and executing the product roadmap for identity and access products aligned with the company’s strategy and goals.
- Help your team become better software developers and prepare them for bigger challenges.
- Be a practitioner and evangelist of DevOps, Test and Learn cultures.
- Drive professional development through technology, skill sets and tools to foster professional growth among our software engineers, resulting in improved productivity and high-quality outputs.
- Define quality and testing standards.
- Develop resourcing forecasts for software engineers assigned to front-end technology projects.
- Define skillsets and identify libraries, tooling and frameworks that improve engineering productivity.
- Build community and knowledge sharing opportunities within the different engineering chapters.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvement in delivery speed, quality, value and applied innovation.
- 3+ years professional experience as an engineering manager or similar positions for identity and/or access solutions.
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
- Demonstrable ability to navigate technical discussions; knowledge and understanding of agile software development processes.
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and other Microsoft identity and access related technologies
- Superb interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; capable of tackling ambitious goals and delivering against them.
- Comfortable working in collaboration tools (Microsoft Teams, Azure DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services, including M365
- Cybersecurity and/or IAM certification(s) (CISSP, CISM, Microsoft, AWS)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.