Domain Architect (Restaurant Infrastructure & Hardware)
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Domain Architect is part of GTIO Restaurant Hardware & Infrastructure function and reports to the Senior Technical Product Manager, Restaurant Operations Hardware Solutions. You will be responsible for providing subject-matter expertise for current and future planning, technical architectures, models, and standards. To ensure a cohesive enterprise technology strategy and direction, this role will work closely with related teams, including the Cloud Platform Engineering teams, Enterprise Architecture, Hardware Infrastructure Platform teams, and Engineering.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Participate in architecture and design discussions that produce requirements.
- Interpret requirements and code in a manner that encourages re-use and maintainability.
- Understand underlying technologies to build optimized, efficient code.
- Collaborate in an agile-based environment, including standups and other agile ceremonies.
- Create a well-informed Edge Hardware or device strategy and lead the adaptation process.
- Define new and/or continuously improve reference architectures.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of potential solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Partner with our restaurant product and engineering teams to review architecture, solution designs and drive alignment on a Platform and Application North Star
- Create and maintain blueprints of all McDonald’s restaurant hardware devices, equipment, and systems as well as PaaS/SaaS solutions provided by vendors.
- Translate the technical roadmap to senior business leadership to help them better understand how technology will impact their business objectives.
- Oversee technology hardware vendors and ensure they are following all architectural standards and meeting all KPIs set forth by the Restaurant Operations Hardware Solutions team.
- Design and develop innovation POCs and fast fail concepts for vendors to develop.
- 4+ years of experience in application architecture design
- 3+ years of experience with cloud application architecture and deployment best practices (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with some of these cloud concepts: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Serverless Architecture, Container Architecture, Platform as a Service (PaaS), Storage, Infrastructure as Code, and Identity and Access Management.
- Experience with product development processes and methodologies, including agile and waterfall.
- Experience working with engineering teams to develop and deliver high-quality products.
- Passion for emerging technology and real-world applications.
- Technical knowledge of hardware solutions, including an understanding of hardware components, systems, and technologies.
- Technical knowledge and experience with DevOps and Security
- Experience writing SQL or NoSQL queries and/or designing reports with either relational data or big data.
- Experience defining user experience needs, writing epics, stories, and acceptance criteria in any automation scripting language such as Gherkin etc.
- Certified: Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or willing to obtain in first year.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure / Platform and Cloud development, including:
- Server, Edge, IOT Compute
- Virtualization, Containerization
- Container Management Systems
- Event-, Messaging Systems
- Observability Systems (Performance-, Telemetry)
- HA Platform Designs
- Cloud-, Hybrid-, Hyperconvergence Environments
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4717D_743999909408790
- Information Technology