Director, Social Media and Influencer Marketing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
Can I get uhhhhhhhhhh. growth-minded Social Media and Influencer Marketing Director to lead McDonald’s social strategy? We’re looking for someone to lead one of the most influential corporate social presence. This will make you very popular anywhere you go, but also means you will get to read 675 comments about the snack wraps every single day. Some fans will also remind you daily about the McPizza, and we have nothing but respect for these legends. Don’t forget all the DMs asking to get *fReE fOoD pLeAsE*.
The Social Media and Influencer Marketing director will be responsible for executing across all social media channels within the US business, organic and paid. Key responsibilities include managing the content calendar, developing strategies for campaigns as well as organic activations, measuring success by regularly analyzing KPI metrics, and building brand affinity.
We’re looking for someone:
- That knows social, gets the modern customer, someone who knows that a small and mighty community will always outpace any follower base.
- Is a social media architect, knowing how to build a presence across platforms that will resonate with our fans and ultimately drive our business.
- Keeps up to date on social trends and happenings, Gen Z culture, new social platforms, and the competitive landscape.
- Who can analyze social data, prepare reports and insights, and optimize strategy based on results
- Manage and lead the social team, utilizing internal and external agency partners to set and implement vision, strategy, and best practices to drive growth, engagement, and brand perception across all social platforms
- Long story short: you will oversee the strategy and creative of some of our most important social media campaigns - working hand in hand with our world class agencies, both on the creative and media side.
- If you want a tangible example based on former campaigns, remember the meal with the biggest music band of all time that took the world by storm, or that meal with figurines for adults that sold out after 4 days? That kind of stuff. (I do not know if I can say the actual names of the partnerships, since Brian from Legal is probably reading this, we all know he secretly wants to join the social team.)
- You may wonder how the team is organized and where this role sits: the social media team is part of the marketing department, and reports into to the VP of our Brand, Content & Culture team.
- No, you cannot be paid in nuggets.
- You KNOW social media. (yes, we’ve said that already, but that’s important).
- You value long-term community building over shock value
- You care about the difference between having something to say and having to say something
- You have an in-depth understanding of social media platforms from both a paid & organic perspective
- You have proven success in collaborating with cross-functional partners including legal, because you know there’s no good social without legal (hope you’re still reading this, Brian)
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.