Director, Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platforms
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Director, Restaurant Infrastructure and Operations Platforms, is part of the Restaurant Hardware & Infrastructure team within Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations (GTIO). This role reports to the Senior Director and is responsible for managing the restaurant infrastructure & operations platforms - including definition and execution of the platform vision, strategy, architecture, integration, and testing. This individual will also be responsible for defining global restaurant standards, observability/monitoring, patching and security of these platforms, and managing hardware supply, demand, and asset lifecycle.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
- Lead the Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platforms teams, providing strategic vision and managing near-term deliverables to achieve enterprise goals.
- Mentor, manage, and hire a high-performing team of managers, architects, and engineering professionals.
- Develop and deliver a cohesive vision, strategy, and roadmaps for Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platforms in partnership with cross-functional teams, including Restaurant Hardware Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure & Operations, Service Management Office (SMO), Network Platform team, Restaurant Technology, and other external stakeholders.
- Understand McDonald's current technology landscape and drive the evolution of restaurant infrastructure and operations platforms.
- Understand global and regional restaurant infrastructure platform requirements and lead the transformation, convergence, standardization, and innovation efforts for the restaurant infrastructure & operations platforms, as well as restaurant asset lifecycle management capabilities.
- Lead assessments and vendor selections to develop and deploy cutting edge platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology.
- Monitor and ensure the accuracy, quality, security, and usability of all restaurant infrastructure platforms.
- Partner with business leaders, technical product managers and/or architects to determine the long-term viability of systems/products, from business and technology standpoints.
- Communicate effectively across a wide range of audiences, fostering a constructive dialogue and resolving issues.
- Identify problems and opportunities within business processes, driving continuous improvement. Consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgments to decision-making.
- Enable teams to work independently by removing bottlenecks and driving proactive identification of gaps and opportunities (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) within or between markets and other parts of the organization.
- Strong alignment with McDonald’s values: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Proven experience managing technical products, driving clarity, opportunity assessment and managing tradeoffs with internal and external partners using design thinking and agile principles.
- Experience managing technical priorities and driving strategic architectural initiatives.
- Track record of delivering successful technology and infrastructure projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow high performing technical teams.
- Strong stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve complex problems, potentially impacting the restaurant infrastructure platform function.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to drive strategy and measure success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, translating convey complex ideas into business-friendly language.
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing suppliers to deliver high quality products or services, on time and on budget.
- Experience with infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Experience with edge and cloud platform design patterns, a strong understanding of vendor platform capabilities and experience deploying edge or cloud tools and technologies.
- Experience with hardware asset lifecycle management across physically dispersed locations around the globe.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and partner across product and platform teams within a global engineering organization.
- Experience managing and driving results in a globally distributed organization.
- Track record of owning and delivering high-load digital platforms/infrastructure with measurable results.
- Deep understanding of global complexities and market differences.
- Financial forecasting and P&L management experience. Ability to communicate ROI and spend rate.
- 12+ years of technical product management or relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 8+ years relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience with restaurant or retail hardware solutions and platforms.
- 5+ years of leadership experience, including leading technical teams that manage a strategically important product and/or suite of products.
- Experience influencing senior executives and leading cross-functional initiatives.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4698M_743999909121723