Director of Tax Planning
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s is actively looking for a Director, Global Tax Planning to lead global tax planning projects, provide tax technical analysis & advice and coach staff. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Global Tax Strategy. This person will serve as a leader for international tax planning and will advise on tax controversy management, transfer pricing and tax operations. The role will also directly lead and develop team members at various stages of their careers and assist with the identification and effective resolution of talent and retention issues.
- Provide guidance on the tax implications of global cash repatriation efforts. Collaborate with Corporate Treasury and local markets teams to best optimize financial implications and ensure committed cash targets are continually met.
- Act as a key interface between the local market tax and finance teams regarding management of tax issues and development of local tax resources
- Lead tax advisors and external auditors on significant international tax transactions and gain alignment with external parties on potential tax consequences in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assist with analyzing Uncertain tax positions related to global planning transactions and prepare or review supporting memos and related documentation.
- Partner with the US Tax Operations team with tax technical guidance on compliance matters and reporting related to US taxation of international activity. As well as proactively interface on tax accounting implications of tax planning and international activity.
- Supervise international and United States legislation to strategically assess implications of existing structures. This includes projections of implications and developing viable alternatives where changes in tax laws have an unintended consequence.
- Provide strategic direction for overall effective resolution of tax controversy matters, where those controversies involve tax technical issues.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution; CPA certification, Master’s Degree in Taxation J.D. / LL.M. (taxation) is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant tax planning and international tax experience in either a public accounting or corporate setting.
- Experience within domestic and international tax laws, rules and regulations, and various indirect tax laws, rules and regulations.
- Expertise understanding US GAAP and/or IFRS reporting for a global multi-national company, including internal controls / Sarbanes Oxley 404 rules.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.