Director of Learning Systems & Governance, Learning & Development
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us. From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s has an incredible and exciting opportunity for a Director, Learning Systems & Governance on the Global Learning & Development Center of Excellence (COE) team.
This person will partner widely with the Sr. Director, Learning Design and Technology, the Global L&D Leadership Team, 90+ global market teams, as well as with supporting functions within the Global L&D, Global People Technology, and Global Technology teams to build, innovate and maintain our learning technology ecosystem.
Vision, Strategic Planning, and Continuous Innovation/Improvement
- Develop a learning technology strategy that balances the end-user experience with administrative requirements (e.g., deployment logistics, reporting/tracking considerations, easy access to learning resources)
- Define the direction, vision, and continuous improvement plan for the learning technology team and ecosystem to support the growth of a productive learning culture at McDonald’s
- Maintain and enhance a learner-centric ecosystem to be scalable and flexible, with current and new technology
- Implement a process to gather, analyze, and leverage data to identify user trends and improvement, support the analytics and measurement strategy and define the impact of the learning systems globally
Stakeholder Management, Collaboration, Communications, and Adoption
- Drive effective change management; present to or engage with stakeholders and peers to bring them along on the journey and get their support on key initiatives
- Collaborate and communicate with transparency with other teams, team members, and vendors as needed to complete tasks and projects, and resolve issues
Governance, Operational Excellence, and User Experience
- Establish and maintain global governance for the learning ecosystem to enable a consistent, seamless, and delightful user experience
- Collaborate within the Learning and Development COE, cross-functionally and with 90+ Global Markets to:
- Govern who has permission to view learning data to stay aligned with GDPR and other data privacy regulations
- Ensure the look and feel (design) of the corporate university interface is user-friendly, easy to navigate and find learning, and inspires and motivates employees to learn
- Develop and execute integrated learning systems operations and deployment strategies across our global, functional and market teams
- Manage and maintain the global Learning Technology budget and fees driving strong business performance with the investment provided; align with global IT on funding/investments and capital costs
- Lead the Learning System team and cross-functional partners driving operational effectiveness and continuous improvement, managing and anticipating resource impacts, evolving the team’s skills and organizational structure to manage scale, volume and growth.
- Lead team of managers, specialists, and contractors and vendors, in creating and delivering high-quality, high-impact, innovative, human-centered solutions that can be scaled across global markets
- Develop and coach team member(s) to help them reach career goals and continue to grow their skills, setting them up for success in their current and future roles
Network, External Research and Eminence
- Provide technology expertise and guidance to all learning teams, especially as it relates to connecting or adding new technology solutions to the learning ecosystem (e.g., work with HRIT partner to get internal IT approvals to purchase/pilot new solutions)
- Network externally, research, and experiment with leveraging emerging industry best practices, methodologies, and innovative solutions that enhance and reimagine the learner experience creating a culture of innovation
- Research technologies within the organization to repurpose and optimize investments
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Demonstrated experience with the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (requirements gathering, software development, debugging, and testing)
- Experience with implementing processes and governance to meet data privacy regulations, such as GDPR
- Experience applying change management strategies to drive the adoption of technology enhancements
- Solid influencing, negotiation, and facilitation skills to champion and maintain collaborative relationships and trust with clients, peers, and other key partners
- Excellent strategy, program, and project management skills to ensure team activities are in support of executing the strategy effectively and meeting the larger business goals
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, such as Saba, and other learning technology tools (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Storyline, Rise) a plus
- Experience creating or partnering with 3rd parties to build user-friendly UI/UX experience
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with process re-engineering
- Experience implementing a learning experience platform
- Experience using human-center design principles
- Experience applying a marketing strategy to launching new technology enhancements
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.