Director of Global Identity and Access Service Engineering
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for securing McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will directly manage the group within GTRM that is responsible for developing and enhancing identity and access management products and services. This includes critical services essential to the functioning of McDonald’s at all levels. The identity and access management team is composed of several McDonald’s employees as well as multiple vendors, each responsible for the development and enhancement of one or more services.
The Director of Global Identity and Access Service Engineering will lead a team of global professionals and will work with partners globally to ensure the proper functioning of the processes and people needed to keep these critical security and infrastructure services running reliably. This person must set the high-level strategy and direction for the team and for vendor partners and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, GTRM Cybersecurity Service Operations, GTRM architects, application owners, key vendors and others to ensure the continued reliable operation of McDonald’s identity and access management services.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to and ensure that the company has world-class IAM products and services that meets the needs of the business.
- Devise a program to ensure that IAM services are designed to maintain high availability and resiliency at all times.
- Develop a roadmap of proposed future updates and enhancements to the GIA platform and socialize with key stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and implement ways to improve the ease of use, security, and operational stability of IAM systems.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, urgency, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within Global Identity and Access Service Engineering and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Identify developmental needs of direct reports and develop suggestions to address those needs. Acts as a mentor to team members on projects and provides on-the-job training. Schedules work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Ability to analyze the most complex engineering issues, determine their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Develop strategies and procedures to ensure operations is taken into account as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic program applying industry-leading practices and methodologies to support the achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for managing services.
- Work closely with the information management program vendors and consultants to improve programs.
- Manage the department’s annual budget and provide input into future funding of projects to improve GIA services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CyberSecurity or other related fields. Preference will be given to an MBA from an accredited university along with an undergraduate degree in technical area.
- 5+ years of experience of Senior Leadership experience with a background in building or operating security services.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors
- Experienced in designing, developing, and operating complex global identity and access management products and services.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team and work non regular hours.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.