Director of Data Products & Analytics - Customer
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru and Development). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s is hiring a Director of Data Products & Analytics, focused on data in our Customer and MarTech areas. This area covers data flowing on our customers, their loyalty, offers and campaign engagement, and other linked information. Data products you’ll manage on top of this data flow include customer segmentation models and marketer-facing data activation products. You will lead and manage a team of 150+, including employees and consultants. Work spans leading data & analytics engineering to roadmaps for data product evolution.
- Build and evolve our Customer Data and data products. Work spans data ingestion, ETL/ELT, data access. And then also, analytics products, including data-driven marketer facing activation tools, such as mParticle and Braze
- Strategize and execute, on making data to be ever more accessible, reliable, and integrated into decision-making and marketer-activation processes
- Work with teams doing data quality tools, and master data management tooling, but taking ultimate accountability for ensuring high quality data flows
- Lead managers of teams building and upgrading our customer-facing data sets and analytics products. McDonald’s loyalty program and mobile app reaches millions, and the scale is significant
- Engage global market leaders in evolving our MarTech data strategy and product roadmaps
- Champion a culture of continuous leaning and innovation within data & analytics product teams
- Partner with Directors of other Data & Analytics areas, including Sales Transactions, Restaurant Operations and Supply Chain
- Budget management, including high-level budget forecasting and on-going tracking
- Optimal candidate has proven experience (15+ years) background, covering (i) software and data engineering core skills, (ii) people leadership of engineering teams and (iii) experience with stakeholder relationship building and alignment
- Undergraduate and/or master’s degree in computer-related technical area preferred
- Data product management leadership exposure
- Proven ability to have empathy with users of enterprise-grade complex data. Typically, this comes from having written SQL at some point in your career
- Can effectivity engage with stakeholders, ranging from functional leaders to data-users
- Can lead teams of mixed US and India based engineering work, and can help steer problem solving for how teams build software-based products
- Familiar with cloud-based software engineering
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments
- Team development: Can recruit, mentor, and develop a high-performing team of data professionals
- Can identify process issues, and steer teams in executing process improvements
- Takes personal pride in how your teams build reliable, cutting-edge software systems that optimally deliver on business needs for accessibility, quality, cost-efficiency, and extensibility
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.