Director, Global Strategic Sourcing Services - Technology Sourcing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Technology is a key enabler to every aspect of the McDonald’s business and as the Director of Technology Sourcing you will be responsible for setting the sourcing strategies for this fast paced, dynamic category. You’ll lead a top performing team that serves as strategic thought partners as they arm our stakeholders with critical insights that help drive innovation, assure supply, mitigate risk and inform key decisions to propel the business forward. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of collaboratively building and executing on strategy, influencing others, and leading teams. This role sits within the Global Supply Chain team, within the Global Strategic Sourcing Services Team.
- Sets Technology Sourcing team strategy, roadmap, goals, and metrics to assure best-in-class value to the stakeholders we support, in accordance with company governance policies.
- Leads the team in developing and socializing strategic category plans to support long-term sourcing resiliency and innovation, including benchmarking against industry trends
- Empathetically listens to understand stakeholder needs and thinks out of the box to identify and execute sourcing strategies to support. This includes category strategy road mapping and individual project leadership such as up front alignment on objectives, decision making and scope, RFx execution, negotiation planning and execution as well as developing, socializing and redlining Statement of Work agreements.
- Prioritizes work that matters most, finding a way to get things done with available resources
- Encourages team to take bold, calculated risks to drive the business forward, respectfully challenging the status quo and removing barriers
- Identifies team training and growth opportunities to elevate best-in-class status
- Partners with indirect sourcing leadership to set the strategic vision for the indirect team and inspires and supports the execution of that vision.
- Serves as an ambassador for Global Supply Chain, the indirect sourcing team, and the technology sourcing category at industry engagements
Key Competencies include:
- Possesses strong written, verbal, presentation and analytical skills including problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Builds trust, solid networks, and business relationships across all levels and functions in the organization, both domestic and global
- Builds and manages strategic relationships with cross functional partners and their executive level management in situations where we influence, but do not own the final decision
- Experience translating ambiguous, complex issues into strategic plans that can be influenced and executed on with credibility
- Serves as a role model for inclusivity and collaboration
- Demonstrates high level of self-motivation and accountability
- Comfortable operating in the gray space
- Ability to balance priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Execution in alignment with our core values (serve, inclusion, integrity, community, and family)
Must be located in close proximity to McDonald’s office (MHQ or other McD field/regional/market office)
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management/Sourcing, Finance, Business, or relevant field required
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a Global landscape
- 5+ years of experience leading teams, with a focus on talent development
- Understanding of global, cross functional relationships and impacts of decisions on those business functions
- Experience in sourcing processes (i.e. RFx development and execution and reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating contract terms with respect to major projects of high complexity)
- Proven negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of supplier relationship management principles
- Experience managing the sourcing of technology hardware, software and services with a strategic focus (not transactional)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.