Director, Global Finance Modernization - Technical Solutions
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
The Enterprise Product and Platform team delivers enterprise level technology stack, products, and platforms supporting key enterprise functions including Supply Chain, People, and Finance.
We are embarking on a significant Finance Transformation journey, leveraging, Oracle Cloud Financials and Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, along with Oracle Integration Cloud for seamless integration. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Finance Transformation Technology Lead to drive major components of this transformative initiative. This role is accountable to deliver the technology solutions that enable the business to achieve their vision, mission, and strategy. The role will oversee technology delivery of both internal resources and vendor partners and act as interface into technology organization for other enterprise functions.
The Director, Global Finance Modernization reports to the Sr. Director of Finance Transformation Technology.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Technology Strategy: Enhance and execute a global technology strategy with Oracle Cloud Financials, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, and Oracle Integration Cloud as the foundation.
- System Implementation: In partnership with Global Business Services and our Systems Integrator, Lead the design and implementation of finance technology solutions, optimizing system performance.
- Data Conversion: Oversee data migration and conversion from legacy systems to Oracle Cloud Financials.
- Integration Management: Ensure seamless integration of financial systems and our boundary systems using Oracle Integration Cloud and other data transformation and movement tools.
- Change Management: Partner with our Change Team to manage technology adoption change and training for users.
- Compliance and Security: Ensure compliance and security standards are met.
- Vendor Management: Establish successful partnership and manage expectations and results with our vendor partners on the Finance Modernization program.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible IT experience and leadership roles, including IT strategy, ERP implementations, integration, and consolidation efforts on a global scale.
- 4+ years of experience with Oracle Cloud Financials, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud, and Oracle Integration Cloud.
- Deep experience supporting Finance and related corporate functions.
- Proven experience in leading finance technology transformations.
- API design and integration experience leveraging modern data architecture methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities including managing people in a global, cross functional setting.
- Experience managing complex deployments across multiple regions.
- Deep understanding of global complexities and Segment / Market differences.
- Strong problem solver with ability to manage and lead the team to develop creative, innovative solutions and agile with the ability to think outside the box.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to think outside the box and work in an agile manner.
- Excellent project management skills with a track record of delivering large-scale technology initiatives on time and within budget.
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and data security standards.
- Experience working with large multi-national organizations.
- Experience working with multiple vendors deploying global Cloud SaaS Financial solutions.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.