Director, Financial Controls SOX Compliance
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Position purpose: The Director - Internal Controls (SOX) Compliance will be accountable for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment as well as driving a control conscious and compliant organization. The Director reports to the Corporate Controller Group.
- Function as the global internal controls & governance leader providing support, advice, training, and action in addressing internal control risks and opportunities, including risks associated with the Company’s broader global transformation efforts.
- Provide thought leadership and identify areas of emerging control and governance risk through proactive and regular collaboration with market CFOs, Corporate Functions, Internal Auditors, External Auditors, Global Technology, Global Business Services and Finance Transformation.
- Key decision maker in assessing risk and ensuring controls are in place across the business to mitigate risk.
- Lead the report out to Senior Leadership (specifically, CFO, Corporate Controller, CIO, and Chief Audit Executive) on the effectiveness of the internal control environment. Lead the interactions with Internal and External Audit on all internal control related matters.
- Function as project manager setting the timeline for testing and evaluation of controls in partnership with Internal Audit and External Audit and prioritizing efforts on key actions to meet key deadlines across the course of the year.
- Lead an effort to streamline/standardize controls to support a more sustainable and efficient SOX process annually. Establish self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring, and training of control owners.
- Develop and communicate control requirements, ensuring that control owners understand control expectations. Conduct training as needed to reinforce requirements and to address common control challenges.
- Lead and collaborate with other compliance functions on a controls remediation program, as necessary, with efficient and effective tracking of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing/monitoring and follow-up.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting or finance roles of increasing responsibility
- Public Accounting/Auditing experience necessary
- Public company and systems transformation experience required
- Must possess a deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance; CPA preferred.
- Must possess strong understanding of risk across all key business / financial cycles including IT general controls
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4404U_743999892339544