Director, Enterprise Change Management
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Proper Change Management is a critical success factor to growth at McDonald’s. We are rethinking how we support Change at McDonald’s through the formation of a McDonald’s Enterprise Change Team. This team partners with leaders to enable the human side of transformation, ensuring people adopt the changes needed to promote the long-term success of our business. As a member of the team, you will be a part of a team that is building something new. You’ll find success by being a seeker of innovation, a self-starter, collaborative, and a strategic partner for our customers. We’ll ensure you have the tools to take advantage of the growth opportunities we’re excited to provide.
We are looking for a dynamic Director - Change Management Partner, to join the Enterprise Change Team. This role will manage the portfolio of Change programs for a specific function or market, as well as overseeing progress of high complexity change programs, maintaining alignment and integration with key partners, inspiring change intake discussions, and contributing to the Change capability development. The Change Partner can also be deployed to change programs within their alignment. This role will report to Sr. Director -Enterprise Change Team, within the Global People function.
In this role, you will:
Drive Adoption with One McDonald’s Way of Doing Change:
- Maintain an understanding of Change and how it contributes to the overall strategy and priorities
- Work with functional business partners to intake, scope and deliver Change support requests related to functional/market alignment
- Partner to perform, assess and change impact analysis, identifying potential project impacts/risks
- Facilitate delivery of Change bringing to bear McDonald’s framework, methodology, and resources
- Lead or participate in change management projects as needed
- Collaborate with partners to capture and incorporate feedback on value realization inputs/outputs
- Advise and coach functional leaders on key Change Management decisions to ensure alignment with McDonald’s Change methodology
- Understand the business priorities and translate them into the highest impact Change programs
- Provide training and development as needed on Change practices
Develop and Mentor your People:
- Act as a coach and mentor to develop junior resources and establish a mentor culture in the team
- Provide clarity for the team to understand the big picture, broader McDonald’s strategy/ context
Support Growth of Change Knowledge across the Enterprise:
- Gain understanding of Change Framework and support Change capability development of partners, practitioners, and business leaders
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs with internal and external partners
- Actively identify influential partners and ways to inspire Change initiatives on specific projects
- Master’s degree in business management, human resources, or related field preferred.
- Solid experience with project, portfolio, and change management.
- Comfort with Word, PowerPoint and collaborative technologies.
- Experience in strategic advisory and coaching, designing and implementing project plans requiring funding proposals.
- History of managing multiple program and project teams, and/or completing large-scale, high complexity Change or Transformation projects for clients and business customers in relevant industries preferred.
- Proven ability to influence business leaders to drive alignment and engagement.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.