Director, Brand Communications - Culture & Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here. As part of operationalizing the Global Impact function, we have created the North America Impact team to bring together Communications, Government Relations, Sustainability & ESG, and Philanthropy to support the North American business, in alignment with McDonald's Impact priorities.Job Description:
As Director, Brand Communications you will be responsible for building and executing communications strategies to effectively reach and engage defined and diverse audiences (e.g., Owner/Operators, media, consumers, community influencers, industry experts, third party organizations, etc.) to drive the business, build relevance, affinity, and awareness. The ideal candidate has experience establishing and achieving communications objectives that directly support business outcomes and leading multi-channel communications programming from concept to completion.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute communications strategies for key priorities and audiences that align with McDonald’s brand strategy, marketing calendar and targeted initiatives.
- Deliver against the metrics/KPIs set forward in the communications plans for identified initiatives in partnership with members of the broader North America and Global communications team.
- Reach and influence target audiences by developing and delivering on messaging, creative storytelling, channel strategies, content and media and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Collaborate with teams and subject matter experts to identify opportunities and map the path forward for key cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop turnkey tools and resources that foster alignment and coordination of messages across a broader cross-section of McDonald’s stakeholders and communities.
- Transform complex data into a simple, visual story to develop corporate communication strategies and ultimately influence decision makers.
- Lead team of brand communications professionals to execute on strategy
Experience in a brand communications role, either in-house or at an agency. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strategic, solutions-focused leader with the following attributes:
- Deep communications expertise that includes external (stakeholder, influencer, consumer, earned media) and multicultural experience
- Comfortable developing strategy and rolling up his/her sleeves to execute
- Strong understanding of diverse cultural audiences and leveraging key cultural insights to drive communications strategies
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline driven
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and influence with leaders and collaborators at all levels
- Capable planner who can manage and deconflict priorities within a complex global framework
- Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills; able to easily distill messages into believable, actionable content
- Proven ability to lead and develop a high performing communications team
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4668K_743999906233791