McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
McDonald’s is in search of a Data Engineer with a strong background in DevOps engineering. The ideal candidate should possess extensive expertise in cloud infrastructure management and solutions, with an emphasis on AWS. In this role, your primary responsibilities will include optimizing our cloud data platform, managing, and enhancing CI/CD/CT pipelines, optimizing platform run cost, and guaranteeing optimal cloud infrastructure performance in terms of scalability, efficiency, and security. Working in close collaboration with our data solution architecture and engineering teams, you will employ your deep knowledge of AWS services, automation, and agile methodologies, leading to cross-team data-driven success.
- Play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and managing infrastructure as code, ensuring scalable and robust data warehousing solutions.
- Develop and optimize cloud architecture primarily on AWS and, where applicable, Azure.
- Oversee the deployment, scaling, and management of data analytics platforms such as Talend, Microstrategy, Tableau, and Alteryx.
- Implement CI/CD/CT pipelines using tools like Jenkins, GitHub, OpenTest and SonarQube, using Terraform scripting to ensure issue free deployments.
- Monitor the health and performance of platforms, implementing necessary optimizations and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Collaborate closely with the data solution architects and data engineering teams to ensure infrastructure aligns with project goals and requirements.
- Ensure that all data and infrastructure deployments comply with enterprise security and access best practices and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps role with a focus on infrastructure as code and cloud architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud services like AWS, AZURE, or GCP - AWS preferred.
- 5+ years of proficiency with AWS including EC2, EMR, S3, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS Databases, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Step Functions, IAMs, and Snowflake -Familiarity with Azure is a plus.
- 3+ years of CI/CD/CT experience with one or many of these technologies - Jenkins, JFrog, GitHub, GitHub actions, Code commit, SonarQube, Veracode, OpenTest, AWS cloud native DevOps services.
- 3+ years of professional experience in ETL tools such as Talend or Informatica a plus.
- Understanding of network protocols, Routing tables, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and firewall management.
- AWS Solution Architecture Associate certification, AWS DevOps certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Terraform, Cloudformation, or Ansible.
- Excellent written, verbal, and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in high-pressure situations.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and experience working in Scrum teams, familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, TEAMS, Service Café.
- Self-driven with ability to set priorities and mentor others in a performance driven environment.
- Ability to make the appropriate recommendations based on the AWS Well-Architected framework and best practices for multiple AWS services.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python or Bash for automation tasks.
- Containers & Orchestration: Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Develop and deploy resilient and highly available cloud-based solutions to ensure uninterrupted services for critical applications.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.