Development Coordinator (12 Months FTC)
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
What will my accountabilities be?
- Arrange monthly meetings and any other relevant department meetings
- Assist in the Executive Approval Signing off process for new restaurants; collating Executive pre-read documentation, administration and tracking of all Executive approval files
- Arrange for legal documentation, including monetary transfers to be carried out and reverted to relevant parties
- Manage department accounts (G&A)
- Assist with any coding/invoice queries from the team
- Distributing weekly reports to the business and external suppliers
- Organising site visits and preparing presentations
- Dedicated approach to administrative support for all members in order to optimise their time to include travel arrangements and diary management
- Support cross functional teams as requested; both within the department and broader business
- Maintain internal control procedures to safeguard the integrity of the company
- Provide a high standard of customer services to all internal and external customers
- Responsible for completing daily administrative tasks within the team
- Maintain the in-house databases and filing systems
- Effective screening of telephone calls, emails and post and wherever possible dealing with issues without referral
What Team will I be a part?
Part of the Acquisitions Team within the wider Development Team (including Construction and Estates) and work closely with the Finance and Construction departments.
Who are my customers?
In undertaking this work, it is important that you seek a collaborative approach with the many specialised teams across the business, specifically Finance, Construction, Franchising and Legal. Externally, you will liaise closely with our external Consultants, Agents and Suppliers.Qualifications:
What background do I need to have?
- Computer-literate - proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in diary management
- Able to build and maintain good relationships
- High level of organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work, multi-task and flexibility to changing priorities at short notice
- High energy and hardworking demeanour
- An outstanding teammate
- Minimum 2 years administration experience
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4055J_743999868492710