Design & Construction Lead - ASIA BUSINESS UNIT (SGP or HK)
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and we are working hard to be the best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better together
The Brand Promise of Making Delicious Feel-Good Moments Easy for Everyone is at the heart of everything that McDonald’s do. In order to help unify the brand experience and ensure that we can make McDonald’s customer experience into a seamless and memorable Brand journey for every customer, the Asia Business Unit (ABU) will continue to play a significant role in contributing to build the brand more contemporary & exciting but yet with consistency globally. With all the growth pillars, like DT, delivery, Digital, as well as Experience of the Future (EotF) and Chicken platform, it is required to bring in subject matter experts from design and construction to support and consult the markets to give them the right resources, tools and solutions to deliver on the brand promise to grow. The position will report to Development Lead, Asia.
KEY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The key purpose of the position is to lead and support all design and constriction leads in ABU markets to understand the ABU and Global requirements and to bridge gaps identified by providing guidance, tools or resources; best practice sharing and coordinate specialized training needs to markets with Global resources.
It is expected that the individual will uphold global standards and add value in driving markets to open or re-image restaurants which balance future growth and profitability with the right site planning and adhere to the global standard on deployment of interior and exterior designs, Mc Café, play/family, sustainability, localization initiatives, etc, associated with EotF and amplifying the impact from DT, Delivery, Digital in store design and execution.
The successful applicant will be part of a high performing, high impact team and will continue to grow development & system knowledge. He/she will influence decisions, and grow personally by developing stronger communications skills, expanding development knowledge, influencing at a higher level that can help prepare him/her for future career.
The candidate needs to build the capability to understand business metrics and work as a team with other functions. Overtime, the candidate also needs to learn Real Estate areas to gain holistic development knowledge to help markets to build new restaurants which are profitable with sustainable growth opportunities.
Key stakeholders are expected to include other members of the Asia Business Unit team, Global Development, Development Licensees and their construction, operations and marketing resources, RSG and Global Supply Chain and all global and/or relevant vendors management.
- Represent the McDonald's brand and system and creates the accountability level to ensure that restaurants in the markets meet with set plan and target.
- Leading and partnering with markets to build system and tools to build restaurants which comply with McDonald’s standards.
- Act as an advocate for the ABU markets to ensure that both points of views (IDL/ Global) are clearly communicated, strategies are aligned, and decisions are based on what's best for our customers.
- Responsible in overseeing all design and construction matters.
- Demonstrating and reinforcing the McDonald’s Values, Leadership competencies, partnership to gain commitment from market’s teams.
- Site/building reviews/approvals- Support and advise markets in unique locations and as required to develop right solutions that meet market needs and global standards. This will include site planning layout including kitchen planning, interior and exterior designs, EotF, brand extensions, sustainability, right sizing but equipped with future growth capacity. In markets where McDonald’s approval is required, this individual will be the subject matter expert and provide support to development lead to signoff the required approvals.
- Support, consult and guide markets - Be available to support/consult with markets and to assist markets to identify potential opportunities for improvement in development costs, site/building sizes/layouts, design/customers flow etc.
- Training - Develop tools and standard drawings - Train up markets to understand the ABU and Global requirements.
- MUFA visits - Conduct monthly review and/or MUFA visits on new/re-imaged restaurants against McDonald’s standards to ensure our brand is well represented in ABU markets. Areas of review include:
- External Architecture
- Internal design including EOTF
- Internal Layout
- Building Quality Standards
- Kitchen Review
- Localization - Support markets in their adoption of EotF and new concepts/ solutions through assuring the most suitable supplier bases and localization of product/material/ component specifications, aligned to global supply chain policies and design standards.
- Concept deployment - Ensure markets have information/tools required for effective local scaling/roll-out of new concepts/solutions.
- Degree or above in Architecture, Interior Design, Surveying or Project Management
- 8 years or above relevant experience in Architectural firms, Interior Design, Surveying or Project Management
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Willing to live with the values of McDonald’s:-
- Serve: We put our customers and people first
- Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
- Integrity: We do the right thing
- Community: We are good neighbours
- Family: We get better together
- Proactivity seeks best practices & shared learnings
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and efficiently with ability to set ones’ self-goals.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and a flexible mindset - desire to work in a dynamic team across time zones and with very different audiences and levels.
- A good team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and persuasive - almost 100% of the work to be done will be delivered through partnering with and influencing others.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding.
- Travel in Asian countries are required.
This role can be located in either our Singapore or Hong Kong office.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF3933O_743999864083686