Demand & Defect Analyst
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This role is based in our East Finchley office working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
In this exciting opportunity you will be accountable for the planning and coordination of all test activities across the UK&I technology portfolio. You will work with the deployment team and suppliers on test planning, as well as reporting on completion and defect management.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Accountable for the planning and sequencing of all test activities across the technology portfolio, ensuring maximum efficiency and prioritisation of business-critical activities.
- Responsible for resource and capacity reporting, including budget to the Quality & Deployment lead and wider technology team and PMO.
- Accountable for defect reporting and management for the UK&I technology test function (UAT), including global local integration testing.
- Responsible for the setup and management of the UK test reporting tools and dashboards (Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets etc)
- Responsible for all reporting activities within the UK&I QA and Test function, working with our contracted test vendor on continuous improvement.
- Provides the Quality & Deployment lead and the Platform Deployment Lead reporting on the quality of their respective deployment activities and products.
- Working with the supplier management team on accurately reporting the performance and opportunities for vendor led products (Performance scorecard or similar).
- Work closely with the deployment officers and project managers on any issues around defect and test reporting by our test vendor.
- Work closely with the deployment officers, project managers and the Quality and Deployment lead on escalating any defect blockers.
- Attend relevant multi-functional team meetings and contribute as required
What Team will I be a part?
You will work as part of the Deployment & Testing team which forms part of the wider Technology team for the UK&I and Global business. We are a high energy team, looking for an individual who can add their talent and personality to make us even better.
Who are my customers?
Customers of this role will include:
- Our Franchisees and restaurant teams
- Global Technology colleagues in other McDonald’s markets and those working in global and segment functions.
- Our UK&I testing supplier
- Global product teams, local product teams, local product suppliers
- The Quality & Deployment Lead and the Platform Deployment Lead.
What background do I need to have?
An individual who understands the importance of building relationships across the business, with excellent curiosity, communication and influencing skills will do well in this role. An attention to detail, an analytical approach and the ability to quickly identify the root cause of issues will be critical to success in the role. An individual fulfilling this role will be passionate about and demonstrate success in:
- Previous experience of a test function or a product quality assurance team.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to develop reporting to drive change.
- Previous experience in defect management and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Jira, especially around its use for a test function.
- Ability to identify key metrics for business reporting in order to drive continuous improvement of product quality and deployment practices.
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal and presentation
- Exceptional organisational skills and experience.
- Computer Literate - Sophisticated Excel, Word PowerPoint. Jira & Confluence essential.
- Comfort and experience working in a fast paced and changing working environment
- Experience in identifying and using external best practice to deliver best in class deployment solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills and curiosity to explore new ways of working.
- Display leadership behaviours and characteristics and a desire to develop self
- Experience and an ability to think outside of the box to tackle problems supporting a more frequent and smoother deployment process
- Seeking opportunities for continual improvement.
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4810R_743999933534632
- Information Technology