Data Standards Analyst
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position Title: Data Standards Analyst
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: Manager - Data Analytics
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world? We currently have an opportunity for a Data Standards Analyst in the Technology department. Reporting to the Manager - Data Analytics, this position acts as a liaison between business stakeholders and the technology team by spearheading initiatives to ensure data completeness and integrity across different systems. This role is also responsible for ensuring information setup and data submission adheres to corporate standards.
Who You Are
You are energized, organized, creative and a problem solver. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments without breaking a sweat and have strong written and communication skills. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while helping contribute to the company’s overall success.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Owner Operator teams. You will become a subject matter expert in the different data streams across the organization and act as the technology/data touchpoint for Operations, Strategy & Insights, and other stakeholders. You will be supported in the development of your skills and competencies and be given the autonomy to identify and resolve issues in a data-driven manner.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support QA testing for POS/App software fixes and updates by analyzing downstream data to identify issues, work with business analysts to define expected behaviours, and build out logic behind metrics.
- Analyze, justify and document sales data discrepancies across various internal and external data streams, including the Canadian Information Warehouse, Global Data Warehouse, Back Office data, Delivery Vendor data, etc.
- Work with the global backend team ensure the payment data (Adyen) accuracy/quality in the Canadian database.
- Identify POS/ Mobile App issues and analyze their scope and impact across the overall system to support prioritization discussions and fix implementation
- Monitor data gaps and open tickets with Restaurant Help Desk (hosted by Fujitsu) to address missing restaurant sales data such as Product Mix, transaction detail data and Daily Cash Sheet information (related sales data elements)
- Participate in recurring meetings as scheduled to ensure menu item numbers and menu structure adhere to standards and are consistent - Product Initiation Meetings, CFM (Central File Maintenance), Restaurant Execution and Communications Timeline (REACT) meetings.
- Monitor data quality of transmissions for hourly sales, daily sales and product mix (PMIX). Investigate and follow-up on data issues until resolved.
- Monitor data capture & quality for new restaurants. Investigate and follow-up on data issues until resolved.
- Provide support for data issues or questions to business process owners and cross-functional stakeholders
- Validation of new menu item requests and updates to the Approved Menu Item List (AMIL) in conjunction with the RFM Team and National Operations.
- Review and provide menu item numbers for Restaurant Manager’s Guides (REACT team and processes) to support accurate reporting and successful program launches at the restaurant level.
- Help manage informational requests for internal teams and external business partners as required (may include menu item tracking and reporting to support existing and future business processes).
- Fulfill complex data requests from users by reconciling information from several data sources, building out query logic and presenting data/insights in an accurate and easily digestible format
- Work with business owners to define data rules and definitions. Assist business process owners by running adhoc SQL queries or helping to develop reporting
- Work with Back Office vendor (Clearview) to identify data errors transmitted and follow up to resolution
- Works with Global Data Warehouse team and other suppliers like HAVI, RMS and Martin-Brower for data accuracy and be point of escalation for data related questions and issues
- Monitor sales reporting data (including impacts on Rent & Service Fees calculation) for completeness and accuracy. Follow-up with Fujitsu and Clearview on data issues until resolved.
- Ensure any POS changes have no impact to downstream systems (i.e. ROP, GDW, RMS, HAVI, Martin-Brower, Information Warehouse, Financial Reporting, etc.)
- Systems in scope:
- McDelivery (Uber, Skip, etc.)
- Cognos, IBM DB2
- ROP (Restaurant Order Planning / Kompass)
- Technology point of contact for Global data definition changes, responsible for evaluating system impacts for the Canadian business
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- University graduate from a relevant field such as Business/Commerce, IT/Technology or Marketing preferred
- 2-3 years demonstrated IT/Technology and/or data analytics related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook) and internet browser proficiency.
- Foundational knowledge of Service Desk processes, best practices, and ITIL would be an asset but not required
- PC hardware and software literacy; awareness of computing environments.
- Understanding of Cloud/IaC (Infrastructure as Code) environments and principles, particularly Amazon Web Services
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing and presentation skills
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate with executives and key stakeholders across the enterprise
- Flexible / adaptable to changing departmental priorities and needs
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving / decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a global team setting.
The successful candidate must display, to some degree, the following behaviours:
- Stand with the Guest
- Inspire Others to Shine
- Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Focus on Shared Purpose
- Seek New Ways
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.