McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s is looking for a talented Analytics professional to join our growing Data Science and Analytics organization. This role will interact with both the central corporate headquarters as well as the various regional and global offices.
We are looking to hire a Data Scientist who is passionate about generating business value through advanced analytics. This role will include building predictive models and other analytics solutions and will also include a component of managing projects and building relationships with stakeholders and partners. A successful Data Scientist will be a thought leader with the ability to design optimal solutions for business problems and clearly communicate and translate technical concepts to stakeholders. The position requires someone that seeks to supplement their skills using project experience, self-study, and ongoing training.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with business teams to understand the problems and design scalable solutions
- Apply statistical and machine learning methods to analyze large, complex data sets
- Identify and understand the necessary data sources for projects and efficient ways to clean and transform it
- Work with Global Technology to ensure that solutions are up to current standards and best practices
- Calculate and track the business value that solutions are generating
- Build presentations to clearly communicate project statuses and results
- Continuously learn and build new skills in data science, machine learning operations, and technologies and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in Data Science
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline a plus
- Experience in supply chain or operations research a plus
- Deep understanding of high-performance ML algorithms (SVM’s, gradient boosted decision trees, deep neural networks, etc.)
- Deep understanding of statistical techniques, such as parameter estimation, hypothesis testing, and regression
- Advanced experience in Python/R/SQL, preferably with cloud deployment experience
- Experience leading projects and forming partnerships
- An understanding of how analytics solutions generate value for the business and how to calculate and demonstrate this value
- Experience in building models that have been deployed to production a plus
- Experience using big data batch and streaming tools (Spark, AWS tools, Hadoop) a plus
- Self-starter with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and hardworking problem-solving mindset
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.