Data Development Manager
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As Data Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for McDonald’s Marketing Technology (MarTech) within the Data Products Team. In this role, you’ll help ensure the team is working towards the right business priorities, while operating in an effective and efficient manner. The Data Operations Manager, will bring their deep experience with managing highly technical data/analytics/development teams, crossing both on-shore and off-shore locations.
What you will do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of offshore quality assurance team dedicated to marketing automation technology while ensuring teams are working toward stated business priorities
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations for the Digital Analytics Implementation Team which includes both on shore and offshore resources
- Partner with Strategy, Insights and Marketing Teams to ensure digital analytics tracking is developed with a keen understanding of all business requirements and critical use cases
- Manage team of both in house, and distributed resources (consultants, contractors, agency partners, etc.)
- Build partnerships with appropriate Product Teams across relevant technologies and dependent systems to drive data team product roadmap and associated activities
- Minimum 5-10 years experience managing teams in a technical, data analytics implementation setting
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment leveraging tools such as Confluence and Jira to optimize operational efficiency, with proven success in organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills, consultative approach to working with marketing and client service professionals at all levels
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Understanding of software development and agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with managing operations of customer data platform and tag management solutions across digital platforms with a focus on mobile applications
- Comfortable partnering and working with a wide range of stakeholders at various levels of management and leadership
- Ability to focus on details as well as big picture
- Ability to leverage critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills in order to improve both the effectiveness, but also the use, of digital analytics tools
- Curious, task-oriented self-starter with a strong bias for action; Proven track record of "getting things done"
- Self-motivated with ability to set priorities and mentor others in a performance driven environment
- 1-2 years experience working closely with a digital analytics team, typically leveraging Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics implementations, is preferred
- General knowledge of most Tag Management Tools as well as Customer Data Platform tools (Segment, mParticle, Tealium Audience Stream, etc.) is preferred
- Scrum Master certifications, Agile certifications, & other project/program management certifications are strongly preferred
- Ability to translate non-technical business needs into complex data collection solutions that address the key business objectives
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.