McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
McDonald’s is seeking a Cybersecurity Architect to support our cybersecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will evaluate of the innovative security technology landscape, govern the security design of platform services, and guide the transformation of regionally relevant security controls. Furthermore, this role partners with multi-functional regional teams to understand the business and technology needs of international markets and to support the implementation of solutions that can be applied globally through common frameworks, deployment guidelines and standards.
McDonald’s is investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more exciting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the cybersecurity team, helping to make a safer and Better McDonald's!
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will directly lead the group within GTRM that is responsible for our cybersecurity architecture vision and strategy, ensuring our technology products and services are protected against current industry threats.
- Partner with our front-end digital channel development teams (mobile, web, etc.), back-end platform development teams (POS, eCommerce Platform, etc.), and security service delivery teams to review integration and drive security control alignment.
- Document integrated security controls, activity flows, data protection, authentication/authorization, etc.
- Partner with segment CIOs and market IT teams to create and maintain blueprints of all McDonald’s proprietary systems as well as SaaS solutions provided by vendors deployed in the McDonald’s Markets.
- Identify and develop detailed solution designs for new technology products or services that are required to support the ongoing business drivers.
- Translate the technical roadmap to product owners to help them better understand how security threats and control technology will affect their business objectives.
- Develop playbooks for the integrated deployment of cybersecurity solutions to meet common business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields. Preference will be given to an MBA from an accredited university along with an undergraduate degree in technical area.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of security architecture design principals and an understanding of common regulatory control requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess architecture designs, apply threat modeling principles, and prioritize control requirements based on business risks.
- Experienced in key compliance and IT frameworks such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), GDPR, CCPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SAS-70s, HIPAA, ISO27001.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4798M_743999908040811
- Information Technology