McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
McDonald’s is seeking a Cybersecurity Architect to support our cybersecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will lead the assessment of high-level architecture and compliance reviews and identify standardization and control opportunities.
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will directly manage the group within GTRM that is responsible for our cybersecurity architecture vision and strategy, ensuring our technology products and services are protected against current industry threats.
The Cybersecurity Architect will assess the security controls within solution designs and develop detailed security guidance. This position will work closely with cybersecurity experts, Global Technology teams, suppliers, and business leaders to define cybersecurity controls that protect McDonald’s assets and critical technology.
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to integrated security controls, activity flows, data protection, authentication/authorization, etc.
- Partner with segment CIOs in order to provide guidance and recommendations on evolving system architecture and implications of any new integrations.
- Translate the technical roadmap to product owners to help them better understand how security threats and control technology will affect their business objectives.
- Develop playbooks for the integrated deployment of cybersecurity solutions to meet common business needs.
- Conduct high-level compliance reviews, assess their adherence to McDonald’s security policies, and enforce standard security solutions and controls.
- Stay up to date on the latest threats and the impacts to the McDonald's ecosystem.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields. Preference will be given to an MBA from an accredited university along with an undergraduate degree in technical area.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of security architecture design principals and an understanding of common regulatory control requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess architecture designs, apply threat modeling principles, and prioritize control requirements based on business risks.
- Familiarity with key compliance and IT frameworks such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), GDPR, CCPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SAS-70s, HIPAA, ISO27001.
- Experience with cloud application architecture and deployment standard methodologies in AWS or Azure.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly identify project objectives and define optimal project approach to align security controls with overall program success.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.