Customer Service Advisor
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This is an opportunity to work as part of our in-house Customer Services team and play a key role in the journey and resolution of some of our most sophisticated and sensitive customer complaints. The role will involve engagement with Franchisees, Ops Hierarchy and Senior Management to investigate customer issues and bring about the correct resolution to complaints for the customer and the business.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Deal with raised complaints and support where appropriate on any difficult customer situations
- Complete detailed investigations with restaurants and support departments
- Decide upon resolution of complaints using own initiative (vouchers, gifts etc)
- Uses specialist knowledge to formulate personalised responses to general enquiries
- Produces reports for Operations hierarchy and the company to highlight trends and hot topics
- Attends cross-functional groups on current/future Marketing and food promotions and provides feedback from the customer’s viewpoint
- Responsible for small department projects for example Intranet site, videos, new process implementation
- Supports the restaurants through attendance at meetings, presentations, reports etc
- Support and upskill our outsourced CS team with any support queries they have
What team will I be a part of?
You will be a part of our inhouse Customer Services team, who look after the journey and resolution of some of our most sophisticated and sensitive customer complaints.
Who are my customers?
- External Customers
- Franchisees, Operations Hierarchy
- Key support Departments (Legal, Supply Chain, Digital, SSL etc)
- Ventrica (Outsourced CS team)
- Passionate about customer experience
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with customers
- Experience in producing reports
- Computer Literate- Sophisticated Excel & PowerPoint
- Comfort and experience working in a fast paced and changing working environment
- Experience and an ability to think outside of the box to solve problems
- Facilitate others adapt in challenging circumstances or during periods of change
- Work with energy and passion and inspire the same in others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, curious mind set, confident, independent and logical problem solver
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
To learn more about working at McDonald's, click here
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4023P_743999866883561
- Customer Service