Culture and Inclusion Consultant
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
- This is an exciting and dynamic role that will support the business in the journey towards a value driven and people-focused culture of care
- This is a perfect role for someone who wants to work cross functionally, is motivated by making an impact and is passionate about creating cultural change to shape the future of the workforce
- You will develop initiatives to expand and reach all areas of the business, as well as to lead the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- You will use external insights, work with external partners to raise expectations of the business to ensure balanced representation of all groups, elevating our employer brand reputation
- Internally you will work with stakeholders to raise awareness, challenge thinking and change behaviour to ensure we remain an attractive, progressive and diverse employer
- You will help build pride and engagement amongst our people in addition to driving our Brand Trust scores through the design and implementation of campaigns and strategies with a clear focus on bringing to life our desired culture
- This role needs someone who is not afraid of bringing in new ideas, to push the boundaries and shape the future direction of McDonald’s culture
What will my accountabilities be?
- Work with the Reputation team (and wider department/functions) to understand our culture, identifying any opportunities to help us continue to move to a customer centric, values driven and people-focused culture
- Support the continued development and implementation of culture initiatives that help teams to deliver, nurture and develop our culture
- The tactical execution of our DEI strategy and People Positive Plan for Change goals, working alongside talent acquisition, talent management, HR, Reputation and Education, Learning & Development
- You will work with Reward and HR to support the development and execution of our Wellbeing strategy across our restaurants and Office teams
- Achieving improvement of the Values Index measures across the business
- You will play a key role in the Inclusion Network helping to shape the direction and ensure momentum and onwards success defined by their purpose
- Execute Employee Business Networks across the business
- Working with internal teams to communicate cultural initiatives to promote our purpose, and bring our values to life, through creative and innovative communication
- External benchmarking to ensure we always strive to lead the way in standard methodology for culture, engagement and DEI
- Execute a DEI education strategy targeting all areas of belonging
- Scope and nurture external partnerships
- Share best practice and initiatives Globally
What Team will I be a part?
Reputation, Culture and Inclusion team. The team has a varied range of responsibilities including:
- Driving culture and DEI change at all levels in the organisation
- Growing employee engagement and pride in the organisation
- Changing external perceptions of who we are as an employer - to assist in attracting and retaining an agile, hardworking and diverse workforce
- Building trust in the McDonald’s Brand - externally and internally - to influence opinions, pride and engagement.
Who are my customers?
This role will provide you with the opportunity to connect with a wide range of individuals both in the business and outside and provides a significant development opportunity. This will enable you to develop positive relationships and will require you to be adaptable in your approach utilising many communication and engagement skills.
- People Leadership Team
- Wider People Team
- People "P-Team"
- Other internal teams (Comms, Franchising, Supply Chain etc.)
- Operations & franchisees
- Senior partners, Directors/Department Heads and Executive Team members
- Global Reputation Centres of Excellence
- Agency partners and third-party suppliers
What background do I need to have?
- Passionate about culture, engagement and DEI or to learn more and make a difference
- Personable, with an engaging style and ability to communicate, collaborate and influence at all levels of the business
- A self-starter with a proven record of developing yourself and bringing the outside thinking in to the business
- Flexible approach with the ability to embrace new challenges quickly and respond to changing priorities
- Experience in employee communications/engagement
- Imaginative and creative approach
- Strong organisational skills as this role will have many and sometime competing priorities
- Good knowledge and experience of project management and experience of leading multiple projects simultaneously. Experience in leading different relationships (suppliers, partners, corporate leadership, operations and office departments)
- Strong collaboration ethic
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4042W_743999867359009
- Human Resources