Corporate Communications Specialist, Technology
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
How would you like to work for the #1 quick service restaurant operation in the world?! The Technology team is hiring a Communications Specialist, based in Toronto.
The Technology Communications Specialist is responsible for planning, developing and executing key Technology communications strategies and projects in support of the priorities within the Canadian Technology Team. Technology is responsible for the planning, deploying, and providing technology services, ranging from our restaurant and digital technologies to the infrastructure and technology platforms that support our business, to all restaurants across the country and our Canadian Corporate offices. McDonald’s Canada’s restaurant and digital technology powers millions of orders across Canada every single day.
The Technology Communications Specialist position is responsible for creating and implementing effective communications plans to ensure there is strong alignment, and promote positive advocacy, amongst cross-functional teams, franchisees, and restaurant stakeholder groups.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote**
Principal Accountabilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Communication Planning and Execution
- Coordinate strategic and leadership messages and presentations to promote and inform key stakeholder groups of Technology team progress and updates.
- Ensure Technology Team reports are developed and distributed to relevant stakeholders in a meaningful way to promote positive advocacy and maintain transparency to the program.
- Ensure relevance, consistency, integration, alignment, and appropriate timing of messages across the organization.
- Manage internal web presence for Technology team and ensure that Technology story is told consistently and has easy to access information for our franchisees.
Communication Project Management & Coordination
- Develop and act as project management lead for key Technology communication projects/programs - as assigned.
- Plan, collect and consolidate content for key franchisee meetings led by the Technology team.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in communications-related field and / or project management.
- 3-5 years’ related experience; experience within Technology is preferred.
- Ability to influence and work with Sr. Leadership and multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and independently work through complex issues and work assignments.
- Previous experience managing executive-level communications as asset.
- Previous experience leading projects and using popular software used to develop communication creative development - posters, videos, etc.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment and support multiple high priority work streams.
- Hybrid working environment with occasional travel for meetings, events, and project related work, as needed.
- Occasionally, there are needs to work flexible hours to supervise after hours content production.
- Use of computer using MS office tools and collaboration tools for team communication.
- McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.