McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Conversion Lead will provide expertise in requirements gathering, design, and implementation of customer data conversion processes for HR data conversion across all 22 countries.
They will work with the stakeholder to leverage tools, templates, and develop processes for ensuring data conversion activities are of high quality, repeatable, and effective. The conversion lead will collaborate with 3rd party vendors, business partners, project managers, and all stakeholders to build tools, templates, and processes for ensuring data conversion activities are of high quality, repeatable, and effective.
- Cross-functional responsibility and accountability for the quality of business data with business data owners.
- Work with the functional team to understand the data conversion requirements fully and to design the conversion procedures and applications.
- Participates in local functional specifications delivery and data mapping.
- Participates in data construction, data extraction, and manual conversions in accordance with global templates.
- Identifies improvement areas for data quality and makes recommendations to business owners.
- Ensures master data identification, quality, and cleansing on legacy systems is in accordance with project timelines and HCM data standards
- Ensures data protection guidelines are followed for sensitive personal data in accordance with McDonalds Data Governance standards.
- Provides training in validation and cleansing processes to business SME’s.
- Leads and tracks progress on validation sign-offs during Mock data load execution.
- Assists in analyzing data cleansing with functional teams.
- Collaborate with 3rd party counterparts to successfully deliver shared objectives.
- Collaborates with other technology teams, functional areas and service providers when developing solutions/recommendations
- Adheres to enterprise technical standards.
- Prepares weekly status reports on program progress.
- 7+ years previous experience on integrated business or enterprise HR systems
- Ability to develop or revise the conversion design as new data requirements arise
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the data effort, including the plans, interdependencies, schedule, budget, tools, and required personnel
- Ability to convert data and related techniques to acquire data needed to support testing, training, and other project activities
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Ability to document and communicate progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Ability to facilitate collaboration with markets and stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter, with a proven track record of "getting things done."
- Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, advancing them as needed
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Type: Remote
Req ID: REF4619D_743999905295050
- Information Technology