Consumer Insight Analyst
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This role is based in our East Finchley office working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
To combine research and insights from multiple sources in a way that provides a strong understanding of the consumer context, customer behaviour and attitudes to influence and facilitate the business decision-making.
- Build expertise in consumer understanding within the Informal Eating Out market
- Develop and implement research programmes that support business objectives and evaluation requirements on time and in budget
- Champion the voice of the customer across the business and be viewed as a customer advocate
Drive continuous improvement in approach and delivery of consumer insight to improve business knowledge.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Critically assess requirements and use a broader business perspective to enhance outputs
- Supporting delivery of best practice research programmes that support activation of the company strategy to help drive value sales and share growth
- Define and lead wide range of ad hoc research projects (across the categories of Family, Brand Affinity and Trust, and supporting Insight Managers across Delivery, Digital and CX) from development of the brief, to delivery of recommendations
- Be the main point of contact across projects, with both large and small agency partners, to deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations
- Manage internal and external stakeholders with support from line manager to ensure the work meets objectives and is delivered to a consistently high standard
- Produce work with limited support from line manager to a consistently high standard and in a timely manner
- Confidently utilise existing methodologies and tools and continuously expand your understanding and experience of new ones
- Build internal relationships across the business to facilitate timely and aligned testing approaches in restaurant and across different channels
- Provides up to date and joined up market, business and consumer insight and trends to inform business priorities
- Synthesise multiple data sources to critically analyse information and generate recommendations with the support of line manager
- Present with confidence and clarity to peers and project stakeholders
- Regularly share insight with relevant BI/CI counterparts and the full BSI team where appropriate
- Collaborate closely on international and global studies and share learning as appropriate
- Seek relevant training and development opportunities to grow and be successful
What Team will I be a part?
The Business Strategy and Insight Team (BSI) has two sub teams - Consumer Insight and Business Insight - this role will sit within the Consumer Insight half of the team. BSI is responsible for customer and commercial insights for the UK and Republic of Ireland business.
Who are my customers?
- This busy and fast-paced role will primarily face into Marketing, and support other areas of the business on an ad hoc basis such as Food Development (e.g. Happy Meal), Supply Chain, Operations, Legal, Delivery and Digital
- Franchisees and restaurant management and crew
- Agencies and consultants
What background do I need to have?
- At least two years experience in research, insight or planning role at a research agency or client side
- Validated project management skills and analytical competence, with a heavy focus on storytelling and good attention to detail
- Broad experience of research techniques and approaches, both qualitative and quantitative would be desirable
- Ability to translate research data into insights and actions
- Experience and an ability to think outside of the box to solve problems
- Work with energy and passion and inspire the same in others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, curious mind set, confident, independent and logical problem solver
- Contribute towards developing simple solutions to sophisticated, cross-functional issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally; strong, great teammate
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5421N_743999928166343