Construction Supplier Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The US Construction Supply Chain Supplier Supervisor is encouraged to directly lead external suppliers and collaborate with other internal and external partners in a variety of product categories.
The role is based out of McDonald’s Chicago headquarters, however, it can be managed remotely.
- Implementing product specifications, facilitating manufacturing methodologies and identifying supply chain resources.
- Negotiating pricing and building forecasts that coincide with the annual US Restaurant Development plan. Key internal partners include the US Restaurant Development Design Team, Global Design Team and Operations . External partners include the various suppliers, contractors and McDonald’s Owners/Operators.
- Periodic travel associated with company functions and supplier interaction.
Skills and Competencies:
- Novice project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Digital acumen
- Ability to coordinate and plan effectively
- Continuous learner
- Related experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and trends in Supply Chain management, including familiarity with key concepts
- Ability to handle confidential contractual information and materials with discretion and glean insights from analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams, develop presentations, and facilitate team discussions.
- Experience crafting and leading project plans to support effective implementation of programs and initiatives.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.