Construction Specialist - WEST
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Reinvestment Construction Specialist
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: National Reinvestment Manager
Type of position: Full-time
The Reinvestment Construction Specialist will be responsible for the facilitation and coordination of McDonald’s construction projects in Canada. Based in our offices in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver, the Specialist will work collaboratively with the Reinvestment Construction Team to ensure assigned construction projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Who you are:
You're a self-starter who can work independently and take initiative. You can juggle multiple projects and commitments and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You’re organized, collaborative, a problem solver, and always puts the customer first.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change & growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Construction Projects (80%):
- Assist with the circulation and approvals of capital budgets.
- Project responsibilities including, but are not limited to:
- Creation of project budgets and purchase orders, including submitting RFP & RFQ’s for new projects.
- Monitor and occasionally assist with receipting for payment of invoices.
- Manage the tendering process for construction projects and verifying all necessary paperwork has been submitted by general contractor (GC) prior to construction ground break. As well, to manage and assist with GC PO creation, monthly draws, change orders and retainage release.
- Meeting the required 150 day close out deadline for all construction projects.
- Vendor (supplier) management, including coordination, scheduling, reviewing quotes, dealing with escalations, troubleshooting, etc.
- GC support for the Area Construction Managers (ACM), including attending project meetings and managing project documentation.
- Set up new suppliers in accounts payable system and assist with training of new GC’s and suppliers.
- Monitor and update key construction schedules in Canadian Directory, Smartsheet’s and MBS.
- Ensures that site files are organized, maintained, updated and contains required information on Construction Folder Required Documentation Checklist.
- Travel - occasional travel for meetings with National team and site visits.
Admin Support (20%):
- Support Area Construction Managers and National Manager on various admin tasks, including:
- Setting up meeting invites and reminders.
- Coordinates/Plans for various meetings.
- Putting together meeting agendas.
- Taking meeting minutes and distributing.
- Generating reports from McDonalds database.
- 3-5 years of related work experience. Experience in project coordination skills and/or construction administration is considered an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of (or aptitude to learn) database systems (i.e.: Oracle and Smartsheet’s)
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work on multiple projects while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Req ID: REF4435C_743999894622196
- Project Management