Commercial Legal Counsel
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Macca's", we have been a household name in Australia for over 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count! As an employer of choice winner time and time again, working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way; while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment.Job Description:
Could you be our next Commercial Legal Counsel?
As the Legal Counsel (Commercial), you will play an integral role in supporting the McDonald’s business and supports a range of departments within the business, including workplace relations, workplace health and safety, technology, supply chain and marketing. What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Providing legal support to the McDonald’s business on a range of commercial matters with a particular focus on: a range of employment and workplace relations matters, industrial relations and general advice on Australian privacy laws and obligations, technology platforms and data regulation (including the Notifiable Data Breach Scheme)
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including supplier agreements, technology agreements (including agreements for technology platforms and SaaS agreements) and settlement agreements
- Proactively identifying risks to the McDonald’s business and recommending solutions for risk mitigation and minimisation
- Reviewing and preparing corporate and restaurant workplace policies and proactively ensuring compliance adherence
- Leading a team of 3-4 direct reports
Your keys to success:
- Current Australian legal practicing certificate with 4-8 years of PQE in commercial law
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills, with an ability to articulate legal jargon to non-legal stakeholders
- Strong leadership capability
- A results driven individual with the ability to meet goals, targets and deliver business plan objectives
- Ability to work with versatility and adaptability in an extremely fast paced and high performing environment
- Excellent relationship building and presenting skills, able to engage and influence large audiences (both internal and external)
- Ability to seek improvement, find efficiencies and challenge the status quo
- Comfortable in working autonomously
- Experience designing and implementing organisation change programs
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately identify, assess and balance legal risk against commercial business needs
The Maccas Difference
- Reward + Recognition programs, along with discounts and benefits
- Professional development opportunities (including tuition assistance options)
- Highly flexible work environment (including WFH)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including EAP supports and on-site gym (Thornleigh office only)
- Global network and opportunities
- Private health insurance
- 5th week of annual leave (for permanent employees)
As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures and experiences. We strive to make every moment through the recruitment process a feel-good moment for everyone. Let us know if we can provide any reasonable accommodations to enable you to participate in the job application and interview process, if you'd like to note your pronouns or have suggestions for how we can improve in this space.
So if you are an energetic and experienced Commercial Lawyer who is to join a market leading brand connected to over 5 million customers and ample opportunity for personal growth, then APPLY today. You will be directed to an external link to apply.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4857T_743999909144503