Cloud DevOps Engineer III
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide outstanding foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Cloud DevSecOps Engineer III role is part of the Cloud Infrastructure and Operations team in Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations. The role reports to the Director of Enterprise DevSecOps Platform and is responsible for supporting, migrating, automation and optimization of software development and deployment process while maturing the Enterprise DevSecOps program.
You will work closely with software developers, operations engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that the software delivery process is efficient, secure, and scalable. You will support the Corporate, Security, Digital, Data, Restaurant, and Market application and product teams by efficiently and optimally delivering DevOps standards and services.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help craft the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Participate in the management, design, and solutioning of software development and deployment process.
- Provide direction and guidance to vendors partnering on DevSecOps tools standardization and engineering support.
- Build reusable pipeline templates for automated deployment of cloud infrastructure and code.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and support high-quality automation workflows inside and outside the cloud platform that are appropriate for business and technology strategies.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and tools that support the software development and deployment process.
- Automate the software development and deployment process.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the software delivery process.
- Work with software developers and operations engineers to improve the software delivery process.
- Stay up to date on the latest DevSecOps practices and technologies.
- Drive proof of concepts and conduct technical feasibility studies for business requirements.
- Strive to provide internal and external customers with excellent customer service and world-class service.
- Effectively communicate project health, risks, and issues to the program partners, sponsors, and management teams.
- Resolve most conflicts between timeline, budget, and scope independently but intuitively raise complex or consequential issues to senior management.
- Work well in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or relevant experience.
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience for a large technology company, preferably in a platform team.
- 6+ years hands-on Cloud DevOps pipeline for automating, building, and deploying microservice applications, APIs, and non-container artifacts.
- 5+ years working with Cloud technologies with good knowledge of IaaS and PaaS offerings in AWS & GCP.
- 5+ years GitHub, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, Helm Charts, Harness and Artifactory or similar DevOps CI/CD tools.
- 3+ years of application development using agile methodology.
- Experience with observability tools like Datadog, New Relic and open source (O11y) observability ecosystem (Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger)
- Hands-on knowledge of an Infrastructure-as-Code and associated technologies (e.g., repos, pipelines, Terraform, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of "AWS" Platform preferably 3+ years AWS/Kubernetes experience or container-based technology.
- It is good to have experience in working on Code Quality SAST and DAST tools like SonarQube/Sonar Cloud, Veracode, Checkmarx, and Snyk.
- Experience developing scripts or automating tasks using languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Self-starter, able to come up with solutions to problems and complete those solutions while coordinating with other teams.
- Knowledge of foundational cloud security principles
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and partnership skills
- Any AWS Certification.
- Any Agile certification preferably scaled agile.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.