McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Cloud Architect role is part of the Cloud Infrastructure & Operations team in Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations. The role reports to the Cloud Business Office Director and is responsible for the overall technical vision for Cloud. They design, describe, and manage the different Cloud solutions, and in many ways, this person builds the bridge between a business problem and the technology solution, while outlining each of the phases and requirements needed to make the solution work. This role will work closely with Cloud Platform Engineering teams (DevOps and Security), Enterprise Architecture and Engineering teams to ensure a cohesive enterprise technology strategy and direction.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Participate in architecture and design discussions that produce requirements.
- Interpret requirements and code in a manner that encourages re-use and maintainability.
- Understand underlying technologies to build optimized, efficient code.
- Collaborate in an agile-based environment and provide good daily feedback on team stand-up call.
- Work effectively in a complex technical environment and adopt new technologies.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaptation process.
- Define new and/or continuously improve reference architectures.
- Understand key cloud computing security measures and ability to apply them in architecture designs.
- Logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Have excellent communication skills to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs.
- Deep understanding of cloud solution architecture in one or more major cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI).
- In-depth experience with some or all these cloud concepts: Infrastructure as a Service, Serverless Architecture, Container Architecture, Platform as a Service, Storage, Infrastructure as Code, and Identity and Access Management.
- Certified: Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or willing to obtain in first year.
- Experience suggesting/recommending competitive and innovative technical options, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments.
- Comfortable communicating complex, technical topics in an actionable manner to senior leadership.
- Experience with Agile methods, automation, and tools. Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes.
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
- 3+ years as an engineer or architect working with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI.
- Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant job experience and a Master’s degree.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.