Change Manager, Strategic Change
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
McDonald’s is taking our business beyond the walls of restaurants by revolutionizing how we interface with our customers. We are providing customers with enticing mobile, web, and kiosk solutions at the scale of industry leading retailers like Amazon and eBay. Technology is critical to our digital strategy and a top priority for McDonald’s.
The Manager, Strategic Change role is responsible for developing and executing change management strategies, plans and deliverables in support of the priorities within Global Technology. This role is responsible for creating and implementing effective change plans and deliverables for technology projects and initiatives. The Manager is part of the broader Strategic Change team and ensures alignment of change strategies and messages necessary to successfully position Global Technology and its priorities within McDonald's. This position reports to the Sr. Manager Strategic Change.
- Develop and manage comprehensive change strategies by applying a structured Change Management methodology to multiple, complex transformational programs across several dimensions (vision, change readiness, impact assessments, stakeholder management, communication, role-based training plans, etc.) across a portfolio of projects
- Conduct change impact analysis across people, process and technology dimensions, risk assessments, change readiness assessments to improve people ROI and successfully lead people through transitions
- Develop ongoing stakeholder management analysis and action plans to identify key players and resistors of a change initiative and plans to aid their transitions (impact analysis, stakeholder interviews)
- Assist with the development and socialization of processes and protocols for implementing change
- Manage change team members and / or consultants as needed to advise and coach on the successful development and execution of change management projects within a given vertical
- Develop proactive communication strategies and plans to support broader change management goals on key initiatives
- Plan and develop strategic messages and communication plans and execute creative delivery across various stakeholders and users to drive organizational change and specific events to drive awareness and adoption.
- Create strategic message opportunities and leadership presentations as it relates to projects
- Ensure relevance, consistency, integration, alignment, and appropriate timing of messages across the organization
- Develop and monitor mechanisms to continually gather feedback from key stakeholders to adjust change and communication strategies where needed
Culture and Performance
- Serve as trusted partner with leadership team and project leaders to identify and address gaps in helping employees evolve in context of modernization efforts
- Provide change management coaching to leaders and project teams to ensure we optimize people ROI on critical initiatives
- Counsel leadership and individuals on development of key messages and on effective message delivery
- Support project teams by reviewing and recommending refinements to direct communication work products
- Leverage knowledge of communication and the functional area employee mindset to advise and assist functional teams
Main areas of focus and the approximate time spent on each is as follows:
- Develop and manage comprehensive change strategies by applying a structured Change Management methodology to multiple, complex transformational programs within Global Technology across several dimensions (vision, change readiness, impact assessments, stakeholder management, communication, role-based training plans, etc.) across a portfolio of projects - 70%
- Provide change management coaching to project teams to ensure we optimize people ROI on critical initiatives - 10%
- Manage change team members and / or consultants to advise and coach on the successful development and execution of change management projects within a given department vertical - 20%
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in change, organization development and / or communications-related field
- 5-10 years of experience in organization development, strategic change, or consulting, with an emphasis on internal communications
- At least 4-6 years of experience managing complex projects from conception to delivery Change Management, Organizational Development and/or Communications experience
- Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with Sr. Leadership and multi-disciplined teams
- Experience leading people or contractors preferred; Global Experience preferred
- Experience within Technology is required
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective
- Previous experience managing executive-level communications
- Proven ability to develop and implement change and communication strategies and detailed plans for key initiatives.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment and support multiple high priority work streams
- High level of strategic focus, perspective and tactical ability to deliver
- In-depth knowledge of communication strategies, tools, and vehicles and application of written communication skills
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.