Business Technical Analyst
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to gather and document data and analytics requirements.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications for development teams.
- Working closely with data engineers to ensure the availability, accuracy, and quality of data.
- Participating in data modeling and design discussions to support the development of data solutions.
- Author and create design artifacts such as: Functional design specifications, source to data mapping and process and data flow diagrams including data lineage
- Conducting unit testing (UT) to validate data and analytics solutions against business requirements.
- Facilitate and drive requirements gathering discovery workshops
- Create and maintain User Stories in JIRA and participate in agile scrum ceremonies
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the key business processes and systems and identify integration, alignment and improvement opportunities
- Providing support and training to business users on data tools, reports, and analytics platforms.
- Staying updated on industry trends and advancements in data and analytics to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ability and flexibility to coordinate and work with teams distributed across time zones, as needed. For instance, early morning/late evening hours to coordinate with teams in India
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of business processes and ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- 2-5 years’ of active experience as a Technical Business Analyst or equivalent role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with complex data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Proficiency in data querying and data analysis over large data sets, using SQL.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with business stakeholders and technical teams.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.