Business Technical Analyst - Product Response, US Technology
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The US Restaurant Technology Support Team’s main goal is to support one of the Global Technology key pillars - Keep Systems Up and Running. This team provides support to our restaurants; aiming to identify enhancements needed to achieve the goal of delivering a greater technology performance and less reliance on help desk support. Support serves as the link between technology products and restaurants and is focused on continuous improvement of all elements of the US Technology platform.
The US Restaurant Technology Product Response BTA will:
- Maintain a wholistic understanding of all products with US Restaurant Technology and assist offshore team in solving incidents
- Monitor ticket queues to escalate tickets and ensure timely resolution of restaurant incidents
- Understand what constitutes an issue trend, monitor, and advance as needed
- Provide guidance for full range of US Technology products the Support team services
- Cross-train in all Support product areas to effectively provide backup to other team members as needed
- Work with outsourced vendor support team and foster strong, positive, and cooperative relationships with those teams through effective communication
- Facilitate the timely resolution of escalated support related incidents by monitoring various ticket queues; understand the proper escalation channels and product capabilities
- Resolve tickets and support incidents as they arise
- Accurately record support incidents and solutions per encounter via work tickets in Service Café
- Understand what constitutes an incident trend, monitor, and escalate as needed
- Identify knowledge gaps in materials vendors use
- Deliver the best possible Owner/Operator and restaurant crew experience with US Technology products & services by understanding restaurant needs, difficulties, and goals
- Provide input and feedback to leadership to communicate issues, struggles, help effect changes, and better assist restaurants and customers
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- College Degree or 2 years of restaurant technology experience preferred
- Experience working with monitoring and incident management tools such as Service Now preferred
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused at high levels of productivity
- Clear, professional, and informative communication style
- Solutions-oriented approach
- Customer-centric approach
- Great teammate with a strong work ethic
- Role is Chicago-based, working primarily on-site at McDonald’s Headquarters
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.